We are looking for web developers with experience of 0.5 - 2 yrs to join us full time in our 1.5yr old startup to take charge and continue development of our main product – www. milaap.org – and several other complementary products.
You are someone who:
· is a passionate programmer
· quick learner and can get stuff done
· Has designed and developed in Ruby and with Ruby on Rails
· Has good knowledge of web programming paradigms
· Past experience in developing consumer facing websites with focus on user experience.
· Experience in using Linux systems for development and deployment
· Good working knowledge of relational databases. MySQL or PostgreSQL.
Would be great if you also have:
· Worked in a start-up before
· Experience with OpenSocial and or major social network APIs and plugins.
- Be a core contributor to the Milaap technology platform
- Improve current features & functionalities
- Design and develop the next generation features
- Ensure smooth rollout and deployment of new features and ensure site uptime.
- Develop Milaap APIs and plugins for 3rd party integrations
Perks & Compensation
· Market Rate Compensation. Bonus upon completion of one year at the company, based on performance.
The attitude and fit is more important to us. Technical skills you will learn on the job & you will be mentored and trained. You will be working with the other developers and the founders closely. This is an opportunity for you to work with a startup *and* create a direct social impact from the work you do.
Please apply with details on your past projects -
- Urls of web apps you have developed or have been part of the dev team.
- Your Github repository URL.
- Details of any contribution you have done to the community.
Please send your resume/past work to jobs AT milaap DOT org with the subject line: Web Developer Role.