If you encounter a fundraiser on Milaap that you suspect may be misrepresenting information in a way that is illegal or fraudulent, please contact us using the 'Report the campaign' option that you find at the end of each fundraiser page.
You will want to make sure that you include the following:
1. The URL of the campaign in question.
2. Your relation (if any) to the organizer/beneficiary of this fundraiser
3. Any evidence or background to support your claim including:
- Screenshots of a conversation
- Links to newspaper articles
- Facebook pages or Tweets
- Links to, or screenshots of similar fundraisers
Once we hear from you, we will reach out to the fundraiser organizer requesting verification. While we are in process of verifying the fundraiser, and it has not yet been found to be fraudulent or misrepresented, it will remain active on the site. If we are unable to verify the fundraiser, or we can confirm that it is indeed fraudulent, it will be promptly removed.