We are looking for a rock star web developer to join us full time
in our 4 month old startup to take charge and build out the
web platform for our product.
We are creating something at the intersection of Web 2.0 and microfinance
and we believe that this can create a huge impact on the social and economic
development of rural India.
This is an opportunity for you to work with a startup *and* create a direct
social impact from the work you do.
We are currently three co-founders and you will thereforeÂ
get all the benefits of being Employee #1, from generous
stock options to flexible working and sleeping hours :)
We are incubated at IIM Bangalore so you will have access to the great campus
environment/facilities/students depending on what interests you.
All this is over & above a good compensation if you are the right candidate for us.
Contribute your best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative,Â
consumer-facing product. Work closely with the founders and UI designer to
Implement modules to pull and store data from multiple partners and build APIs
to access the data.
Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems.
- Demonstrable experience building world-class, consumer web application interfaces
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent programming skills in Ruby, Java, Python, or PHP
- Experience with relational as well as document oriented databases.Â
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Strong command of web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser compatibility
- Good understanding of web technologies (HTTP, Apache) and familiarity with Unix/Linux
- Knowledgeable foundation in interaction design principles
- Great written communication and documentation abilities
Itâ€™d be super-awesome if youÂ alsoÂ have
- Prior experience in small startup environment
- Worked & built things independentlyÂ
- 2-5 years of experience in fieldÂ
- Visual-design skills
- Always wanted to work in a high impact social startup.