Last week, we began the "Adopt an Entrepreneur" campaign to mark 65 years of India's independence. The concept was simple: We all can do something to make India as it is now into what we want it to be, and one of the best ways to do this is by supporting entrepreneurship.
On Thursday, 26th June, we put up 30 entrepreneurs on our campaign page and asked our lenders and fans to adopt them. Each of them requires Rs 35,000 (US$625) so as to expand their fledgeling businesses. We are currently have 11 entrepreneurs adopted, and here are some of their fundraiser pages:
- Ramappa adopted by The Changemakers, who have raised Rs 18,200 so far. They are currently in the lead!
- Jacqueline and Mary, who have both been adopted by Tanvi Mehta!
- Renuka, who has been adopted by Abhinav, a student!
- Rajeshwari, who has been adopted by Vincent Ta!
- Steen, who has been adopted by Shubo!
- Honnamma, who was just adopted today by Seema after she learnt about the campaign on Twitter!
- Annapurna, who was just adopted today by Priya after she saw a post on Facebook!
You can be part of this movement by adopting an entrepreneur, or making a loan to any of the above mentioned campaigns and enabling an entrepreneur's dream come true. You could also share the news with your friends!
This Independence Day, let's stop talking and start acting!