Nearly 30 million Indians suffer from heart ailments, making India the heart-disease capital of the world. Access to and the costs of diagnosis and treatment are the biggest hurdles faced by a majority of the population. With the pocket ECG monitor Sanket, even people from the remotest parts of the country can get themselves a quick, 98% accurate ECG test any time, any where!
Manufactured by a social startup Agatsa Technology, this credit-card-sized ECG monitor can measure ECG and stress levels by using just a thumb-touch. The ECG is immediately displayed on a mobile screen and can be relayed to anyone across the globe using Whatsapp, email or even SMS. This means that with an ECG Report generated within 15 seconds, a report can be sent to the patient’s doctor instantly! The device works with Sanket’s free mobile app to enable measurement and fulfillment. Users from 13 to 79 years of age have used the device and the mobile app without any external help.
The Sanket team does 100,000 free ECG tests every month for those who cannot afford it. Their ECG monitors will be placed in areas where there is no access to big hospitals, so that those living in remote rural areas or even urban slums can get access to better technology and better cardiac health. They now plan to scale up production and manufacture many more machines that can be distributed in areas with no access to healthcare facilities in India.
Watch their video here:
Have a heart – Support them so they can take this technology to the masses and bring affordable heart monitoring to everybody in India.
As a token of appreciation, for donations
- Of Rs. 10,000 and above, you will get one FREE Sanket device and 25% discount on every other purchase made within one month of ending of this campaign.
- Between Rs. 7000 and 9999, you will get a special discount of 33.33% on MRP if you buy the device within 1 month of donation
- Between Rs. 4000 and Rs 6999, you will get a special discount of 20% on MRP if you buy the device within 1 month of donation
- Between Rs. 1500 and Rs 3999, your or your loved ones' name will be imprinted on the back side of one of the donated device
- Between Rs. 500 and Rs 1499, you will get a personalized thank you note from us for your generosity and support for this cause
Support Sanket in its efforts to bring heart-health monitoring to the every Indian by donating to their cause here.
First published in The Better India