“We are the family of a former National level athlete, and are struggling for our everyday needs.”
A Former National Athlete's Wife Needs Your Help To Walk Again
Bhanumathi is 47 years old and struggling every day.
Bhanumathi’s husband Srinivasan was a National Level athlete. He was a powerlifter and represented Karnataka at the national power lifting championship. He has earned many laurels for the state.power lifting championship. He has earned many laurels for the state.power lifting championship. He has earned many laurels for the state.power lifting championship. He has earned many laurels for the state.
One day in 2006, during Srinivasan’s regular practice, a 100 kg plate fell on his right leg. This cause tremendous damage and his leg had to be amputated. The family that had a means of living found themselves without a source of income.
Srinivasan and Bhanumathi found that getting financial aid from the Government was very difficult. After multiple attempts over two years, Srinivasan obtained Rs 50,000 from the State Government for a prosthetic leg.
However, without a steady source of income, their family began to face difficult times.
For the last six months, Bhanumathi has been facing spinal issues. She cannot walk properly and walks with the aid of a cane. Recently, she has been bed ridden and unable to eat as well.
Doctors have advised her to take an MRI scan of the brain as the water is not flowing to her brain properly. They even advised scanning the cervical spine of C6, C7 to reoperate after the infection has been removed.
Bhanumathi needs an urgent surgery to ensure that she walks again. This family has fallen on hard times despite Srinivasan bringing glory to Karnataka in the 1990s.
Help Bhanumathi Walk
Her husband Srinivasan is a former National Level athlete but they are struggling to make ends meet
Payment options: Online, cheque pickups
Details for direct bank transfer / UPI payments
- Transfer allowed only from Indian Bank accounts. All NRE/ foreign account transfers will be rejected/will fail
- If you are depositing in the bank, please mention this is RBL CMS Account (Cash Management Solutions). Branch name is RBL Corporate office, Mumbai.
- This account does not accept cash transfers.
- Once you have made the transfer, please visit https://milaap.org/payments?campaign_url=https%3A%2F%2Fmilaap.org%2Ffundraisers%2FBhanumathi. Enter your email and UTR (txn reference number) to receive payment acknowledgement.
- This is a virtual bank account (VBA) created by Milaap, specifically for this fundraiser. Funds donated will be received by Milaap and then transferred to beneficiary.
- Bank transfers may take upto 1 hour to reflect on the page. In case it still doesn't reflect, please email email@example.com with UTR number, amount and the campaign link you contributed to.