Xena Gardner Animal Foundation is a Trust formed to care for Destitute Animals. The trust was formed with an objective to help create feeling of compassion in people so that they may realize moral responsibility to protect helpless animals by way of showing kindness and discourage cruelty towards them, the trustees have been caring and spending whatever resources they have on these loveable creature for the last 20 years.This story dates back to the day back when a friend gifted a little female pup to one of the trustees on his birthday, whom he named 'Xena'.
Xena not only taught the family to love her, through her loveable character but instilled in them a feeling of love towards all animals. Today, Xena has brought under her love care 120+ hapless and underpriviliged stray animals to her home where they are cared for. The dedication showed by each Trustee with their motto "Love and Care for the strays" made them create this foundation.Mr. Brian Gardner is the Founder Trustee of this foundation. They had bought a 1400 sq. yards of land with whatever resources they had and have built a beautiful home for these homeless creatures. At present, this home has 10 spacious rooms with an open courtyard and a play ground for them to run around. It has an 8 feet high boundary wall all around with 2 huge gates, a kitchen in which nutritious and hygenic food is prepared for the animals. They have dedicated and hardworking staff who takes care of the animals 24 hours a day. The home uses the expertise of experienced Vets from various parts of Delhi. The animals are monitored regularly for various medical conditions. The survival of these animals depends on your generous contrubution so let your generosity help them in alleviating their suffering and save the lives of hundred of sick, hapless and underprivileged animals.
The aims of the foundation are:
1. To instill compassion in people and educate them to initiate and promote measure to encourage kindness and discourage cruelty to animals
2. To work for the welfare of neglected, suffering and underprivileged animals.
3. To kindle the light of compassion in people and help them understand their moral responsibility towards these helpless little creatures.
4. To build and encourage to build homes and shelters for birds and animals in their sickness and old age
5. To work together with other voluntary organizations including local government bodies of the state and center for the promotion of projects and programs designed and designated to curtail animal suffering. Location of the shelter: Tronica CityDaily food requirement: Atta - 400kg rice: 400kg milk: 5 ltrs bread - 60 loaves