- More than 20% of lower-order kids still do not have access to a smartphone.
- More than 30% of kids still do not have access to a stable 3G connection.
- More than 50% of mid-lower order kids are irregular to online classes and need post-class support to understand concepts and finish their homework.
- Parents mostly feel unsafe about sending their kids to tuitions even if they can afford it because they are unsure about their kid’s peer group.
- There is almost zero access to extra-curricular activities or experiential lessons that build on Values & Mindsets.
Physical/offline tuitions in small groups inside the community by an experienced teacher.
Despite not having taken up a formal job, and working full-time on Dawn Child, he’s been generous enough to take out time every week and help us manage our class in some of the following ways:
- Community visits: To get a pulse of whereabouts of community.
- Speaking to parents: To understand their pains and gains.
- Offline classes: Regular bi-weekly, 2 hour online classes.
- Online classes: Supporting regular teachers over ZOOM classes.
We need your help in supporting Sayantan and our kids with a monthly stipend to live with dignity and provide uninterrupted service to the community, for the next 6 months:
|Monthly Stipend||No. of months||Total|
|INR 30,000||6||INR 1,80,000|
Here’s a personal message from Sayantan himself:
“My community in Green Park, South Delhi has over 200 kids across two schools who cannot access online classes regularly. Despite a majority of them not belonging to my previous class, I still have a hard time refusing their requests for physical tuitions when they see me in the community. I go there quite often, and it’s relatively safe since we haven’t seen many new cases in the past month. Even if it’s for a day, or even for an hour, physically engaging with the kids, given the current scenario, would mean so much more than a contribution towards my stipend! You would have my gratitude either way, but feel free to contact me if you want to visit my community and see the work I’m doing there! Special thanks, if you read the entire thing! :)"