The Covid-19 pandemic has become a dreaded reality for the entire world. But there is a section of the society that has lost everything in the wake of this disease. This includes the Kashewadi community of Bhavani Peth, Pune which comprises daily wage laborers and migrants.
The Pune Children’s Zone Foundation envisions the strongest life foundation for all children such that they achieve positive life outcomes. We work towards developing adult capacity in low-income underserved communities in order to enable holistic development of young children from birth to six years. These families also home infants who are at the risk of malnutrition, stunted growth and development and vulnerability to the disease.
In the face of desperation for hunger, lack of sanitation and hygiene, and minimal possibility of social distancing, etc., these slum pockets are continuing to report the highest cases of Covid-19.
But there is hope for survival. And we can do our bit through your help.
Here’s what we are doing:
- Providing basic ration packets to ALL families that we serve, till they can resume their employment.
- Providing PPE (Personal Protection equipment) such as soaps, masks, sanitisers and disinfectants to maintain safety and hygiene wherever needed.
- Educating families about the causes, conditions and safety measures against Covid-19.
- Supporting our women leaders, we call Prerna Didis, from the community to disseminate necessary help to these families (Nutritional, Social, Emotional, Mental) in their development and that of their infants.
- Keeping in touch with families to identify at-risk physical and mental health symptoms and attempt at connecting them with right resources.
- Holding listening spaces for families to enable safe emotional regulation and building resilience.
With your valued contribution and our incessant efforts, together we can ensure a healthy and safe survival from the pandemic for our community.