Praful works as a class IV employee (Helper) in Indian Railways Department and comes from a very weak financial background. His family has already spent around 16 Lakh rupees so far on his treatment and travels (Wardha-Nagpur-Mumbai) in the last 6 months using all their means including taking loans. Due to this, the family is now in a deep financial crisis and is unable to bear the cost for the BMT procedure which is now the only hope to save Praful’s life.
Recently the family was stuck with another tragedy as Praful’s 64 year old father died due to Covid second wave. Praful is the only son and the sole bread-winner left in the family including his mother, wife and a 2 years old daughter. Since last 2 months, his salary from the railway department has also stopped due to his long absence from the duty.
Praful has been a very socially conscious person and has been contributing to many causes. One of his major contributions has been towards Nalanda Academy, Wardha that trains marginalised students for quality higher education. Since its inception in 2013, Praful has been a pillar of support to the Academy, volunteering in its various outreach programs and supporting students. In the last 8 years, he has become an integral part of Nalanda Academy.
At this time of great adversity for Praful and his family, the students and members of Nalanda Academy are trying to raise financial resources for his treatment including BMT procedure and postoperative care (around 30 Lakhs Rupees). Therefore we request all our friends, supporters and well wishers to contribute to this fundraiser to support him for his Bone Marrow Transplant procedure so that our friend Praful gets one chance to defeat cancer.
Given below are the details of the expenses.
Expenses: We are targeting to raise INR 30,00,000/- (30 Lakhs).
1. The total cost for Allogeneic Bone Marrow transplant - Rs. 23,00,000/-. (The estimate given by HCG NCHRI Cancer Center, Nagpur is attached) . The Breakup estimations for the BMT is as follows:
(a) Donor Stem cell process approximate charges
- Stem cell mobilization by Inj Grafeel = Rs 50,000
- PICC line insertion = Rs 50,000
- Stem Cell Preservation = Rs 1,80,000
- Stem Cell Collection = Rs 1,50,000
- Stem cell collection hospitalization (5 days stay) = Rs 30,000/
(b) Allogenic Stem Cell Transplant:
- Conditioning regimen = Rs 230,000/
- Equipment = Rs 100,000/
- Consultation = Rs 60,000/
- Anti-infective = Rs 500,000/-
- OP/IP procedure = Rs 150,000/-
- Blood charges = Rs 250,000/-
- Room Rent: (30 days stay) = Rs 250,000/-
- Investigations = Rs 300,000/-
2. Post-Operative Care
Praful and his family will require another Rs 7,00,000 for post operative care as suggested by his doctors and hospital administration.
Total Financial support required = Rs 30,000,000 (Rs Thirty Lakhs)