We are reaching out requesting your contributions to help Naresh fight COVID related complications. Naresh, 38 years old with no pre-disease, non-smoker needs urgent lungs transplant. He has a wife and two daughters (9 yrs and 6 yrs).
Naresh was tested positive for Covid-19 on May 8th 2021. Within a week, Naresh’s condition deteriorated and was admitted to a hospital in Visakhapatnam for immediate care. He received medication and was using an oxygen concentrator to maintain saturation levels. On May 20th, his oxygen levels dropped drastically (<40) and he was shifted to the ICU of Medicover Hospitals (Previously Pradhama Hospital). The doctors administered tracheostomy and he was kept on ventilator support immediately.
He has spent 5 weeks in the hospital and, with will power, has overcome some major complications (convulsion/fits, lung spasms, cardiac arrest, low blood pressure) over this period. His condition was stable till 23rd June and the doctors found signs of recovery. He was communicating with family and friends through signs and lip movement. They had started the process of weaning off ventilator support.
However, on 23rd June night, his blood pressure increased, and oxygen levels started to drop off. CT scan revealed that both his lungs were completely damaged. His other organs continue to be fully functional and he has a very good chance of making it through provided he receives immediate care for his lungs. Doctors have now advised to go through the very expensive lung transplant procedure.
Naresh has been moved to KIMS on 25th June and has been on ECMO waiting for a donor.
The family has spent ~1.5 Crores from current savings, support from friends and donations received till 8th September. Following are the expenses till 8th September:
Expenses incurred till 21st July:
- Hospital and Pharmacy bills incurred in Vizag till 25th June - 25 L( 2.5 million INR)
- Air lifting to KIMS – 11 L (1.1 million INR)
- 2.7 Lakhs for Stem Cell Treatment
- 1.13 Crores in KIMS as of 8th September
- ECMO Daily costs – 2 Lakhs per day for 30 days = 60 Lakhs (6 million INR) - We started spending this from 25th June
- Additional 45 days on ECMO while we wait for a donor - 2.5 Lakhs per day (daily cost set based on past trend) - 1.1 Cr
- Lung Transplant – 60 L (55 L for transplant that includes Routing Drugs, Investigations and Disposable and 5L for pre transplant work up. 6 million INR)
- Organ Logistics - 15 L (1.5 million INR, depending on the distance)
- ICU costs (post transplant) - 1 Lakh per day for 30 days = 30 Lakhs (3 million INR)
The family is requesting you to kindly come forward and help Naresh in his battle against the disease.
You can contribute by donating money (even a small amount will make a big difference) and by spreading the message through your network.
Please reach out to me for any enquiries.
Suresh Varma Mudunuri - +1 613 805 4788 (Phone and WhatsApp).