Manjeet has very poor vision which puts him in the category of Differently Abled but he never considered himself as a Disable. He has always been fond of sports. His father has been supporting him whatever financially possible to take care of the expense in his career but after his father’s death he is getting trouble in getting the money required. What he himself barely earns is not enough for him to pay his coaching fees, buy supplements, pay travel expenses to visit other cities for championships and many other expenses. Moreover his sister is completely blind. He is taking care of her by his own.
He is currently preparing for Asian Games and Para Olympics for Javelin throw. Hope Begins Foundation's team met him and could see his passion for sports. We can definitely say that if he gets the right support he can win medals for India and go a long way.
His past achievements includes :
- Silver Medal in IBSA – 2016
- Silver Medal in Para Athletic Championship - 2017
- Gold in Para Athletic Championship – 2018 (Panchkula)
- Gold in IBSA National Championship – 2018
- Bronze Medal in Para Athletic Championship – 2021 (Bengaluru)
- Bronze Medal in Para Athletic Championship – 2022 (Bhubaneswar)