2 Year-Old Girl Who Ingested Acid Needs Your Urgent Help

Unimaginable is the following case of a little infant girlchild who consumed acid accidentally at a jewelry shop in Siliguri district, West Bengal. The infant is striving to survive under treatment at the hospital while for the family the situation is crucial as they have exhausted every resource they could have counted upon to pay for her treatment, including local individual donations. We received information about this unfortunate incident that happened on 17th December last year about 2 years old Aaesha Sharma who consumed acid accidentally from a gentleman who happened to be a visitor at the hospital a few days ago. He collected more details of the survivor infant and sent it to us requesting for our urgent help as we work as a team of crusaders against acid violence at Stop Acid Attacks in Delhi.

Immediately as we grasped more information about her condition and consulted about the medical treatment, we are helping her along with the supportive family members to transfer her to an equipped burn care unit at Apollo hospital in Delhi for further adequate treatments that may save her life. We are bringing this case to you as we need your kind and urgent support for funds to help Aaesha and her family survive this horrific accident, hoping a young life be saved from our collective efforts.

Aaesha is resident of Madarihat (West Bengal). She just celebrated her second birthday a day before this incident happened. On an unfortunate morning (at around 11.30 am), her mother took her to Shyama Jewelers a local jewelry shop nearby their place to buy a small birthday present for her beloved little girl. At the jewelry shop, the acid that they usually utilize for the cleaning and melting the jewelry items kept neglected went in the hands of little Aaesha who was completely unaware of its corrosive properties. She consumed it.

She was immediately taken to a local hospital, Birpara State Govt hospital referred Madarihat which had again referred the girl child to Neotia Getwel Hospital in Siliguri district for further treatment and was finally admitted at 4:40 pm afternoon on the 17th December 2017. There she underwent first surgery on 21st December. The pediatric surgeon Dr. Manish Madhav at Neotia Getwel Hospital treated the child patient since the day of admission to the hospital. The medical procedures and tests performed at the hospital obtained by the gentleman Mr. Warpreet Singh Hora who reported us of the case are mentioned along.

The father of the surviving infant, Hiru Paneru (Sharma) is a small-time salesman running livelihood at some meager earnings of five thousand a month. It was very difficult for him to arrange this kind of expenses for the medical recovery of his girlchild. However, he arranged the maximum possible funds he could find to pay for the hospital expenses in Siliguri from the goodwill of his relatives and friends.When her father reached his marginal limit and had no more money, he agreed to take her daughter home as he was left with no other alternative. At their residence, the chances of infections in such case are probable and it could also be fatal to Aaesha. It was at this last moment Warpreet came across the concerned case and sought to find some help for her. He contacted us over the email sharing her pictures and other relevant information.

The family needs immediate financial support to continue the medical treatment. Unlike any case of acid violence when sometimes the government compensates and supports the treatment of the survivor, this case of Aaesha doesn’t seem to find that kind of help. The doctor at the previous hospital addressed that her life can definitely be saved unless she receives adequate treatment for the recovery. Looking forward to medical treatments in the hospital in Delhi, there is much possibility that she could recover well.

While there is hope for Aaesha, we request you to look at the case emotionally, expect your kind support for the funds that could meet the expenses for her medical recovery and the baby can be saved.
Bill from the hospital in her local district
Bill from the hospital in her local district
Ask for an update
11th May 2018


Dear friends,

Aaesha is all safe and under recovery now. These days she is spending time at the hospital for further surgical recovery that needs adequate nursing.

She has started to consume regular diet which she was not able to consume after the ingestion of acid. The doctors said that she will be alright soon.

We are helping her parents in providing them shelter at our Sheroes Home for Acid Survivors in Noida. They can stay in Noida as long as her treatment goes on.

We are hoping that the little goes back home in best of her health. We are thankful for all the support that people offer to save the life of little Aaesha.

Thank you.


Ask the campaign organizer

comments powered by Disqus
Content Disclaimer: The facts and opinions, expressed in this fundraiser page are those of the campaign organiser or users, and not Milaap.
Rs.304,670
raised of Rs.350,000 goal

150 Supporters

0 Days to go

Payment options: Online, cheque pickups

Beneficiary: Chhanv Foundation info_outline

Fundraising campaigns (1)

Supporters (150)

A
Aradhana donated Rs.500
9 days ago

Get well soon.

GM
GEORGE donated US $50
about 1 month ago

God will look after

A
Anonymous donated Rs.630
about 1 month ago
KA
Kristine donated US $100
about 1 month ago
A
Anonymous donated Rs.250
about 1 month ago
n
nilay donated Rs.500
about 1 month ago

God is with us.