Rote learning affects students' ability to understand & hence objectively apply their learnings. Towards breaking rote-learning it is vital to engage students in practical learning so that they are able to understand & apply concepts.
Close to 75%+of the students studying in Govt. & Aided schools, do not have access to practical learning environment in their schools.
The Zero Lab Project aims at creating equitable opportunities for practical learning for students, to strengthen their conceptual learning & equip them with next gen skills to make them future ready.
What is Zero Lab
Practical experimentation is often associated with need to set up lab infra & equipping it with sophisticated equipment which might not be a cost effective solution in a rural / governmental set-up.
The " ZeroLab" Program dispenses with the need to create costly Lab infrastructure.
In its place it brings in
cost- effective curriculum relevant & innovation linked practical Do-it-Yourself Learning Aids
Science, Technology, Engineering , Maths (STEM) .
What are the different Zero Lab Programs
There are Zero Lab Programs for:
- ‘Curriculum Linked Sciences & Maths ’ for Grades 6 – 9
- ‘Technology for Girls’ for Grades 6 – 9
How does Zero Lab Help
- Augment & accelerate practical science learning in schools
- Encourage students in the areas of science & math
- Give students in Govt. schools equitable access to Gen-next STEM learning tools & practices
- Provide a platform that would help create a healthy interest in STEM areas , build vocational skills & interest in allied vocational avenues
What are the Zero Lab Program Elements
- Providing necessary materials , kits & learning Aids for students for practical learning
- Weekly student trainer sessions
- Monthly orientation for Teachers& progress monitoring
- Identifying & grooming Student Champion trainers
- We are reaching out 300 Children per academic year.
- Cost for Zero Lab Program is INR 1200/- per student per academic year
UN SDG’s (Sustainable Developmental Goals)
« Goal 4 : Quality in Education
« Goal 5: Gender Equality
« Goal 10: Reduced Inequality