As we know, the Covid-19 lockdown has impacted the lives and livelihoods of thousands of migrant labourers and daily wagers who work across Delhi, Noida, and Ghaziabad. Currently stranded without a source of income or food, they are struggling to survive.
Through the NOIDA COVID RELIEF 2020 project, enCOMPASSion - a Goonj partner - and Fidus Law Chambers are working actively to support migrant labourers and daily wagers survive the lockdown.
We provide Relief Kits (dry ration, hygiene, and vegetables) to our migrant labourers and daily wagers, who are stranded without access to livelihood or sustenance, in Noida, Greater Noida, and Ghaziabad. We also respond to SOS calls from and some parts of Delhi.
Through Campaign Asha (Hope), we ask for your help to make sure no one goes to bed hungry. Stand with us and help us to get everyone through this crisis.
WHAT WE DO:
enCOMPASSion has partnered with Fidus Law Chambers and Goonj, to bring assistance to those in need. We have been heavily supported in our work by many partners, local volunteers, friends, and fellow-relief-workers. We are also very grateful to the Police and Local Administration in the areas we have reached, as this helps us to ensure our distributions are safe for all concerned.
HOW WE DO IT:
To ensure our Relief Kits reach our target demographic, we have instituted the following process:
1. Robust Verification: Once the request comes in on our online form, we do a telephonic verification followed by an on-ground assessment.
2. Coupons: For larger requirements, we distribute Relief Coupons prior to Distribution.
3. Sourcing: Through Goonj Relief Kits, or through procurement from wholesalers.
4. Distribution: In coordination with the local police departments, and through dedicated, trusted volunteers.
5. Social Distancing and Safety: The support from the police department also ensures that all guidelines of social distancing are followed.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
Help us financially:
Any contribution you make goes directly towards ensuring that our RELIEF KITS reach the needy.
Given ground realities and price-fluctuations, our RELIEF KITS cost approximately Rs. 1500. This is sufficient to feed a family of 5 for about 2 weeks.
Help us spread the word!:
Please share this campaign widely, so we can reach our goals!