Milaap is India's largest crowdfunding platform for personal and social fundraisers. We make it incredibly easy for people to raise money online for medical emergencies, education, sports, pets, or any other cause. We are creating a new giving layer of the internet, where giving - at the tap of a button on your mobile - is as easy as booking a cab or shopping online. Today, we are community of over 300,000 from 120 countries helping people in need and supporting inspiring causes.
Our vision calls for razor sharp focus on accountability, transparency, and donor engagement. Therefore, campaigns on Milaap are thoroughly scrutinized, verified with documents & pictures, and reinforced with regular updates on progress. We create stories of human interest on select campaigns, in order to help those campaigns reach a large audience.
We are growing fast, and hence are looking for people with a motivation to make a difference. Milaap City Reporter
is unique opportunity to apply your writing skills and take stories of such campaigns to a large audience, and along the way uphold our principles of transparency and donor engagement.
- Visit and meet individuals/organisations/groups who run campaigns and beneficiaries requiring funds. You have to document stories, get pictures and testimonials in order to write powerful stories of human interest
- Travelling across the city is a necessity for interactions with campaign organizers and profiling them (stories and photographs)
- Create inspiring stories, which potential donors across the world can relate to, and be willing to help the campaign.
- Help Milaap Campaign Managers in the process of campaign set up; i.e. writing the story, putting up photographs etc.
- Take ownership of the content for all campaigns assigned to you in your locality/city. This includes reviewing the progress of such campaigns through regular updates for donors.
- Impeccable written skills in English, and native speaking proficiency in vernacular language of the city you are applying for:
Bangalore - Kannada, Chennai - Tamil, Hyderabad - Telugu. This is a must! Any other language proficiency will count as an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills - empathy to understand people, ability to connect with strangers, and carry-out conversations in difficult situations - are essential.
- Photography skills, including a basic idea of human interest photography, are important.
- Minimum 6 months commitment
- Minimum 21 years of age; with a graduate or a post graduate degree. Strong preference for fresh graduates (0- 2 year) from Journalism/Mass media/Communications background
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and web tools (Gmail, Skype, WordPress, etc.)
Above all, we believe in hustle and the sheer willingness to get things done under tight deadlines.
Does this interest you? Write in to us at email@example.com with the subject line “City Reporter - Hyderabad” along with the following:
- LinkedIn Profile/CV
- Your past work or link to any articles written by you that have been published