We are India’s (and arguably Asia’s) largest crowdfunding platform for personal and social causes. Our mission is to make it easier for people to raise money online for the needs and causes that matter to them, their loved ones, their neighborhood and larger community. Our community of donors and fundraisers come from 130+ countries across the world and have raised over INR 200 Crores for nearly 100,000 unique campaigns and projects across India. Over the last six years, We have become the preferred platform for people to raise and contribute towards causes they care about in India and We are changing the way Indians support a cause!
Our work at the intersection of consumer internet and social good, has received the backing of investors globally such as Government of Singapore, Khosla Impact, Jungle Ventures, Unitus, Toivo Annus (co-founder of Skype) to name a few, and recognition from : The Economic Times - Top 5 Social Enterprises of 2014, 2015 and Forbes 30 Under 30, among others.
Campaigns team is the backbone of Milaap with a mission to empower campaigners with relevant tools and knowledge to run their fundraisers. An extremely dynamic and high client engagement role, Campaign Managers (CM) work with several cross functional teams such as Finance, Digital Marketing, Product in ensuring a great fundraising experience for a campaigner.
The CM enjoys a great level of freedom to strategize ideas and products that help a cause to reach it's goal and is equally responsible to ensure the campaigns on the platform remain accurate, genuine and free of errors.
- Review and approve crowdfunding campaign requests on the platform
- Perform background verification of the cause and the campaigner to ensure credibility
- Identify and develop an end to end fundraising strategy for the campaigners
- Engage and maintain regular communications with campaigners and motivate them to raise funds
- Manage and oversee disbursal of funds for the campaigns
- Devise ideas and tools to improve the overall efficiency of the team
- Conceptualize, draft and review content of the campaigns running on the platform
You will require
- Bachelors Degree with 1-3 years work experience in a client/customer facing role. Prior experience working in small, high growth teams is a strong plus
- Excellent communication - You can effectively engage with internal teams and campaigners. Nearly 40% of your time will be spent over telephonic/whatsapp conversations engaging with organizers
- Attention to detail - You can identify grammatical mistakes and are comfortable with numbers
- Strategic Problem Solving - You can leverage data and gain valuable insights into decision making
- Desire to learn - You’re a highly motivated self-starter, with an eagerness to learn and grow
- Prioritization - You can effectively prioritize the work and juggle multiple tasks during the day
- Empathy - You can show equal interest in listening to people from all walks of life
- Multilingual - Knowing at least one regional language apart from English and Hindi is required
- You are open to working on certain weekends in the month. (We work 5 days in a week)
Beliefs and Values, which we cherish
- We believe that businesses can be a driving force for social good
- We believe in nurturing ambition, in the discipline to strive relentlessly towards that ambition.
- We are empathetic to the needs of people, who we meet in our daily lives, and willing to go the extra mile for them.
- We want to build things that will outlast us as individuals.
- We hope everyone seeks Ikigai, and believe Milaap can pave the path for one to achieve it
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
with Subject line: Campaign Manager. Use your cover letter to tell us how your Beliefs and Values align with what we seek.
The Milaap team is a huge enabler of great ideas. So if you’re looking for an empowering work environment where you are limited only by your own capacity and nothing else, write in!