Milaap is India's leading crowdfunding platform for personal and social causes, and Asia’s largest microlending platform. Our community of lenders and donors come from 140 countries across the world, and have contributed over Rs. 225 Cr to support projects across India. Milaap began in 2010, as a microlending platform for the rural poor. Carefully selected field partners identify beneficiaries who take loans for education, sanitation, solar lamps, small businesses etc.
Milaap is the only microlending platform in India to have raised foreign capital through partnerships with the Kiva (world’s largest microlending platform), Lendahand (fast growing crowdfunding platform from Europe) and more.
We, at Milaap, believe in technology-for-good; using technology to uplift the lives of many by connecting underserved geographies and communities to our global audience.
We are looking for a highly-motivated and talented individual who believes that human-centric design can drive efficiency and growth. Our field partners- microfinance institutions and NGOs from rural India- are the biggest stakeholder of the loan management system. The candidate must be able to come up with simple, design-based, working solutions by understanding these users and their pain points.
An end-to-end automated loan management system is at the core of our working. This system is used by our partner network, from remote areas, to upload borrower profiles and loan details, by our volunteers to verify and edit such profiles, by the investment team to track disbursement of loans, and by our fellows, who bring inspiring story of borrowers and impact. The stakeholders are our partners at the grassroots, volunteers, fellows, and the team in Bangalore. At present, the system manages close to 100,000 profiles, and over 3 Million data points.
Over the years, we have created an efficient system, heavily customised to the needs of our audience. We see a razor-sharp stakeholder-centric-design as the next leap for this unique product that connects 310 branches, across 160 rural districts, across 23 states in India.
The candidate will be required to develop a keen understanding of the many stakeholders of Milaap’s loan management system while keeping the bigger picture in mind. Through constant interactions and discussions, the candidate should have the ability to gain clarity and conviction despite incomplete information, and discovering and choosing interventions that have impact, in the multitude of possibilities.
- Travel across rural India to interact with our field partner network of microfinance institutions and NGOs
- Work closely with the partnership and investments team to understand the requirements of the loan management system
- Come up with clean and simplified designs based on understanding of pain-points of these stakeholders
- Revamp existing modules of the loan management system to increase efficiency of stakeholders
- Be part of ideation and implementation of new modules on the loan management system
- High attention to detail and ability to deliver under strict deadlines
- Minimum availability of 6 months and willingness to relocate to Bangalore
- Travel bug with keen interest in understanding users for human-centered design
- Proficiency working with the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- A strong sense of strategic thinking, concept development and design aesthetic
- Proven capability of working on a project from the concept to the final design package
- Ability to communicate complex, abstract concepts using both visual and written language
Why work with Milaap?
Working with Milaap will not only let you hone your UI/UX skills in a young, vibrant environment- but your work will also impact the 700,000 rural families through our network. The ‘grassroots’ that we often hear of- YOU will be creating solutions that will benefit the community. Your creative solutions can have impact beyond getting people to just click on ADs, but impact lives of real people every single day.
How to apply
Here's your shot at changing the world. Be part of something revolutionary! Interested? Email email@example.com with your updated Linkedin Profile/Resume, Letter of motivation