Milaap is India's largest crowdfunding platform for personal and social causes. We are committed to doing all we can to make it extremely easy for people to raise money online for the causes that matter to them most. How we make our users feel is at the heart of what we do and why we do it.
Milaap uses innovative approaches to ensure ease-of-use for fundraising individuals and building trust for donors and we believe that design is a critical tool that helps us achieve that. We are looking for someone talented and driven with none to 3 years of experience to create ground-breaking and high impact work. Someone who believes that design is a strong guiding force in telling stories of human interest to the world and someone who believes in putting users at the centre of everything.
The candidate must possess up-to-date knowledge to interpret our needs and to design solutions with high visual impact. These could be related to the design and visual aspect of social media creatives, specific pages on the website, or marketing collaterals specific to campaigns.
Specifically, the candidate should be extremely passionate about using graphic designing to propel viral social media campaigns that are inspiring, engaging, and well worth sharing while carrying true values of the brands individually. This is a highly creative, yet structured role which will require the candidate to understand Milaap as a brand and create design and imagery in accordance to the overall brand guidelines. The candidate will work with Business Development, Marketing, and Technology teams to create the right sort of design and content to improve Milaap’s communication.
ResponsibilitiesDesign of social media creatives
Design of specific web-campaign pages
- The candidate must have a strong working knowledge of social media domain and the capability to transform images to deliver Photo-creatives, Branded Image Posts, and images for web pages on timely basis meeting all deadlines while keeping instructions of size and idea in perspective.
- Brainstorming and coming up with new creative concepts
- Researching and understanding best design ideas in social media data to identify and tie concepts into short and long term trends.
Creating marketing collateral for events
- Design specific pages for campaigns - aesthetic aspects from the brief given by business or marketing team
- Work on basic content for pages based on suggestions from the business team
- Create user flows & design landing pages for partnerships and campaigns
- Create required illustrations to increase visual appeal
Develop Milaap image
- Creation of marketing communication assets - conceptualization, creatives and final production of graphic design collaterals.
- Overall marketing campaign designs from pages
- Illustrations whenever required
- Creative design for brand merchandise as needed - T-shirts, Gift cards, Mugs, phone cases, etc.
- Design requirements for e-mailers, infographics, social media posts and promotional campaign showcasing our work and impact for various internal and external projects and partnerships
- Self-motivated and can work independently while maintaining a high attention to detail
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Ensure all projects are executed with excellence adhering to deadlines
- Maintain an organised inventory of graphics for future use as needed
Why work with Milaap?
- Up to date and proficient with the software such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator as well as browser-based DIY tools like Canva.
- Fluent language and communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with marketing and technology teams to understand requirements
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Curiosity and willingness to experiment with creatives for social media.
- Basic understanding of consumer websites is an advantage. Basic knowledge of HTML is a plus
- Want to do what you love – designing graphics on issues you want the world to know about, while also contributing to a fantastic cause. Wouldn't it be great to have your creativity actually make an impact or help an organization improve the life of its community?
- At Milaap, we are building a global community of do-gooders from India. Our users come from over 140 countries across the world with over a million people interacting with us across website and social media
- You'll have the opportunity to apply your skills and passion to actually change people’s lives.
- An experience to work in a diverse and young team. Median age - 26 years, 65% women, people from 14 states across India.
Here's your shot at changing the world. Be part of something revolutionary! Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
with your Linkedin Profile/CV