Milaap is a well funded, fast-growing, and revenue positive firm (www.milaap.org) which is one of Asia’s leading platforms for healthcare fundraising.
Over the last 10+ years, we have traversed a long way, channeling over Rs 1100 Crores to ~ 280,000+ worthy causes and initiatives. We have continued to grow, with positive cash flows, to consolidate our position as the largest brand in crowdfunding in India.
At this juncture, we see an inflection point in the space for crowdfunding. We are looking for an experienced individual to lead our business operations, paving the way for the next phase of growth.
This is a business role. The primary goal is an independent charge of growth & profitability of a crucial business channel, and hence remove the involvement of the founders. Specific activities, or functional work listed below, are means to achieve this goal. In many ways, this role is a combination of a “COO”, “internal management consultant” and “marketing/growth head”, all in one.
Head of Business Operations is responsible for strategy and effective execution of all operations around product marketing, brand awareness to profitably increase the revenue and grow the brand. The individual has a strong mix of experience across marketing, operations, and business development for digital businesses with a hunger to grow to a leadership role. Your success in this role prepares you well to eventually become COO of a fledgling startup or a profit-center ownership (VP) in a high growth company.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on, growth-focused leader responsible for the KPIs of all marketing and business development initiatives.
- Oversee the strategy, tactics, and day-to-day management of our presales and distribution channels focused on driving contributions, campaign setups, and brand recall as a go-to platform for crowdfunding.
- Work closely with sales and product teams to identify, strategize, and execute user education and brand awareness initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the user and brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
- Lead the in-house team and work closely with external agencies to exceed near-term Customer and Gross Profit targets while building the foundation for long-term growth; managing all the necessary trade-offs in between. Effectively balance efficiency improvements and placing bold bets on growth
- Motivate individual contributors involved in paid media, owned media, and earned media initiatives to achieve stretch goals that align with the company’s objectives.
- Encourage coaching and mentoring within teams, focus on the learning and development needs of employees, and ensure collaboration and teamwork across cross-functional teams.
- The ideal candidate for this role should be someone who believes in the power of storytelling AND measuring its impact. Translating technology into human speak will be one of the key responsibilities
- 8-12 years of functional experience across business strategy and operations, product marketing and growth, pre-sales functions with at least 3+ years in a managerial/ leadership capacity of a cross-functional team. Past experience in a B2C (focused on tier 2 cities and beyond) or B2B (selling to Indian customers) is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated ownership of P&L ($ 10Mn+ Annual Revenue Rate) within an emerging consumer internet company (2Mn+ monthly visitors)
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills to manage vendor and agency relationships.
- Strong ‘first-principles thinking’ and understanding of user acquisition and activation models (funnels and loops). Must have a broad understanding of digital channels, including Display Advertising, Affiliate, SEO/SEM, Social Media, and Mobile. Experience with New Media and Influencer Marketing is a plus. Must have a keen sense of tactical execution in this space
- C-level presence and confidence to be able to meet with internal and external partners at the most senior level
- Strong project management skills to be able to drive multiple projects forward towards closure and impact
- Optimistic attitude; as most of your projects are unexpected and tough new challenges and opportunities, you must bring optimism and excitement to people you’re working with
- We, at Milaap, believe in being patiently impatient. By that we mean, we believe in hustling to execute ideas that excite us but also believe in moving on swiftly if results aren’t promising.
- The success of this role thrives on collaboration. It’s vital that you act as a mediator between the different parts of the team, in order to solve issues and foster cooperation.
Beliefs And Values, which we cherish:
- We believe that businesses can be a driving force for social good.
- We believe in ambition, in the discipline to strive relentlessly towards that ambition
- We are empathetic to the needs of people, who we meet in our daily lives, and willing to go the extra mile for them
- We want to build things that will outlast us as individuals. Everyone is invaluable, nobody is indispensable.
- We hope everyone seeks Ikigai, and believe Milaap can pave the path for one to achieve it
Interested candidates can write to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line- Head, Business Operations