Milaap is India’s largest crowdfunding platform for personal and social causes. Our mission is to make it easier for people to raise money online for the needs and causes that matter to them, their loved ones, their neighborhood, and the larger community.
Our community of donors and fundraisers come from 130+ countries across the world and have raised over INR 1400 Crores for nearly 450,000 unique campaigns and projects across India. Over the last 7 years, Milaap has become the preferred platform for people to raise and contribute towards causes they care about in India.
Our work at the intersection of consumer internet and social good has received the backing of investors globally such as the Government of Singapore, Khosla Impact, Jungle Ventures, Unitus, Toivo Annus (co-founder of Skype) to name a few, and recognition from: The Economic Times - Top 5 Social Enterprises of 2014, 2015 and Forbes 30 Under 30, among others.
The Role: Sales Accountant
We are looking for the right candidate to carry out the accounting-related activities for our Business Teams. Milaap has a 40+ member strong sales/business unit, we are looking at a dedicated resource to manage the accounting operations related to sales and business operations for these resources.
- Work with the Business Head and Team leads to understanding the goals for the respective teams as well as team members on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Working with the tech & product teams to put together the necessary reporting formats in place to capture and validate business performance as per the goals
- Working with the Business heads and team leads to create and roll out innovative incentive structures for the various teams in line with their monthly goals as well as the annual budgets
- Month-end reconciliation and validation of business numbers and putting forth the final pay-out numbers for approvals
- Liaising with the finance teams to ensure that the pay-outs are done on time
- Similar to the internal teams also working with the sales teams to ensure verification and validation of pay-outs done to offline channel partners such as volunteers, social workers and hospital coordinators.
- Coordinating with the finance teams to ensure these pay-outs are done on time.
- Working on the identification of surplus funds for matching schemes, creating these matching schemes as well as ensuring that a detailed record is kept w.r.t. to matching identification and corresponding withdrawals.
- Creation and allotment of matching schemes to Campaign managers.
- Monthly & quarterly reconciliation of matching utilization as well as withdrawals raised for scheme creations.
Required skills & experience
- 2+ years of full time work experience in an accounting role. Prior experience as a sales accountant will be an added plus.
- Good understanding of accounting basics. Knowledge of sales function, incentive structures, marketing initiatives, and related accounting activities.
- Good people skills - comfort in speaking to people of all backgrounds.
- Attention to detail and proficiency in excel and other Microsoft applications.
- Proficient in written and spoken English. Ability to communicate with native efficiency in Hindi.
- Min Qualification: Bachelor’s degree
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line: Sales Accountant