Years of Experience: 0-3 yearsLocation: Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai
Type of employment: Freelance
Milaap is an online crowdfunding platform that enables anyone across India to raise funds for healthcare, education, sports, disaster relief and other personal causes, with great ease. Founded in 2010 by a team of young and passionate entrepreneurs, Milaap has pioneered the development of person to person giving in India.
They started as a platform to fund rural projects and micro-entrepreneurs and is widely utilized by Indians today to raise funds from friends, family and a wider social network for medical needs, loved ones and charity. Over the last 8 years, they have traversed a long way, channeling over Rs 540 Crores to 180,000+ worthy causes and initiatives.
About the Role
Milaap is looking out for writers/storytellers to join them across cities (Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai) and will be responsible for creating stories of impact by writing content for fundraise. Everyone can write. Only some can be Storytellers. Getting someone to read what you write is a skill. This is a call for freelance Storytellers to join our network and create powerful stories of impact like in www.milaap.org/stories.
Roles and Responsibilities
To travel across the city, visit patients at the hospital, talk to them, and shoot photos to create and tell their story using this experience.
Creating at least 10-12 stories a month from these visits.
Create authentic stories about real human experiences by being persuasive with words.
Creating emotionally engaging content that would retain the reader’s attention till the end of the article and be monumental to get them to take action, especially donate.
Does this sound like you?
- 0- 3 years of experience in writing stories/creating content
- Knowledge/understanding of handling DSLR
- Fresh Graduate or Experience as a Journalists/Content writers/Freelance writer
- Good written communication skills in English. Should also know one of the following languages: Telugu, Tamil, Hindi, Bengali, Kannada
- Passionate about writing, expressive and emotionally mature.
- Willingness to make a career in writing and creating impact stories or learn this skill.
- Candidates with experience in the healthcare/social impact domain
If interested, please share your profile at email@example.com