Another transman named Vishwa (name changed) is stuck in Delhi. He had come from Orissa in hope of a job placement post a skill building program for transmen organised by the government department in collaboration with TWEET Foundation. The skill building institute’s hostel was asked to be vacated after the COVID broke out. Without a job and a place to stay, Vishwa and 10 other participants are being supported by TWEET for their day to day necessities.
Why the transgender community needs your immediate help?
- Most people of the transgender community are not accepted by their family members and they are thrown out of their houses,they become homeless with no food or shelter.
- The people of the Transgender Community lack government issued identity cards,the reason for which they are denied every social benefit.
- Most of the time the community faces discrimination in workplaces which breaks them down mentally and emotionally and due to the pandemic most people have lost their jobs which was their source of income.
- Daily earners like food stall workers,drivers have lost their way to earn daily wages and have no money even to buy food to fill their stomach.
- Most trans-persons live in isolation and is difficult for them to access support from nearby people/NGOs or access any other kind of social support system during this pandemic
1) Rent/Shelter support per person: 2500/- per month
2) Ration & medicine/hygiene kit support per person: 2500/- per month
3) Emergency/crisis support
We have been providing ration kits and some financial help to more than 1000 trans persons across the country
We are a collective of transgender persons who through this campaign are trying to facilitate the basic needs of our community members. We request everyone to come forward and support the community in whichever way possible.
Contact us for any more information at email@example.com
or +91 7060508125
Facebook page of Tweet Foundation https://www.facebook.com/ourtweetpage
Website : tweetindia.org