The COVID-19(coronavirus) pandemic marks an unprecedented time in modern history that will require the best of humanity to overcome. Your donation to this fund will support immediate and long-term relief and recovery in vulnerable communities during one of the most challenging times we have collectively faced.
This crisis threatens everyone's way of life, but it is especially difficult for people who are already vulnerable, including those with pre-existing medical conditions, older adults, individuals experiencing homelessness, refugees and migrants, wage workers, and those with inflexible jobs.
Millions of Dalits are daily wage labourers - which means that they, and their families, live hand-to-mouth based on the income they receive every day. Without the ability to work, they have no savings to fall to and will not be able to afford basic needs like food, education or healthcare. Furthermore, conditions in slum and poverty stricken areas are prime for the spread of disease. With so many people living in close proximity together, social distancing is impossible.
Your donation to this fund will help stop the virus's spread and give communities on the front lines of the crisis the resources they need to act quickly and protect the most vulnerable.
Donations are already helping to:
- Send doctors, nurses, and other front line responders to communities in need
- Get masks, ventilators, and other lifesaving medical supplies to hospitals and clinics
- Deliver essential items to struggling families and older individuals in quarantined cities and refugee camps
- Feed children that rely on school meals as their only source of nutrition
- Support hygiene awareness efforts
- And much, much more...