Friends not actively pursuing wildlife photography OR not been on safari trips have also been kind enough to step forward & support this campaign. Obliged & sincere thanks to each one of them.
SOME GROUND REALITIES…
- Most drivers are paid based on the number of drives they do. With no gypsies allowed in the park, they aren't getting paid right now.
- Those on salaries, earn only about 50% of what they actually need to run their homes. They frequently seek help from other earning members in the family. Right now they aren't receiving salaries either.
- Considering they don't make enough in normal situations (and hence near-zero savings), one can imagine their helplessness during the Covid19 crisis.
- The monsoon months of Jul to Sep are anyways closed for tourism - earlier months were hence an opportunity for them to earn enough & support their families till winter started. Unfortunately, most of this year’s season got locked down.
- Looking at the current scenario, we don't even know if the parks will reopen for the next season in Oct. Moreover, the tourism sector is going to take a while to resume normal activity for obvious reasons.
Let's join hands, contribute & help our safari teams (Tadoba) get through these difficult times. Do share with more friends and on your social networks. Stay safe!!!