With the cost of getting a law degree at the leading National Law Universities being around INR 3.5 lakhs per annum, it works to make legal education in India accessible and diverse. There are many barriers one faces while trying to access quality legal education in India. First, the design of law entrance exams is such that only those students with education in english medium schools and expensive coaching classes are more likely to get in. Even if an underprivileged student crosses that barrier, law schools in India are very expensive.
Thus, help IDIA - Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education - in reducing these barriers. Till now their work includes-
- Identifying and sensitising underprivileged students with the help of their 600+ student volunteers who provide these students with diverse range of career options that await them
- Training these students for upto two years and preparing them for law entrance tests.
- Arranging for scholarships to support their education after admission into law schools
- Holding a rigorous mentorship program to help their scholars through the five years at law schools.
- Arranging pocket money, laptops, books - everything needed to have quality education.
We are a group of 5 concerned One Future Fellows seeking your support for this cause. Today 79 IDIA scholars are studying in India’s top law schools. Over 38000 students have been sensitised to law as a career option. IDIA has been creating law makers everyday! Hence, we urge you to look at the impact they’ve created all these years and help us support them and their cause even better. Currently, IDIA is facing a shortage of funds to support their scholars from time to time. In the time of the COVID crisis, they are bearing costs for data packs for their scholars. As many as 10 scholars under IDIA’s Delhi chapter are in need of a basic functional laptop. We wish to raise Rs. 10,000 for IDIA Delhi Chapter to arrange laptops and data packs for its scholars. Help us in making these basic necessities for law education accessible today.
To directly donate laptops, please contact Shreyasi Tripathi (our One Future Fellow) at 7838794882 and we will share details of where you can make a contribution.