DAILY WAGERS RENDERED JOBLESS BY THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC NEED OUR HELP.
The unprecedented pandemic caused by the Corona Virus (COVID-19) has engulfed the whole world irrespective of any bias. More than one (01) Lakh people have lost their precious lives, lakhs of people have been infected by this deadly virus and lakhs have been quarantined too. The Lockdowns declared by government(s) have restricted the common man to the four walls of house. Global economic scenario has worsened and a chaos is prevalent everywhere.
Soon after the announcement of nationwide Lockdown by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India on 22nd March, 2020 Grameen Sneh Foundation came up with an initiative called HAUSLA RAHAT – A Fund Raising Campaign to help and support the direct / indirect victims of COVID-19. Under HAUSLA RAHAT Grameen Sneh Foundation (GSF) established Control Centres in Patna Bihar, Srinagar J&K and Vaishali Ghaziabad UP where from relief work was carried out. The relief work included supply of cooked food packets to the COVID-19 patients, their attendants and stranded passengers. Dry Ration was provided to daily earners who are direct victims of lockdown.
Our aim is to help them to have a reliable supply of Meals in the absence of employment opportunities.
Distributions are going on till 03-05-2020, we have been able to reachout to about 950 families in Delhi NCR, About 80 families in Srinagar J&K and about 847 families in Patna Bihar. WHY IS THIS NEED OF THE HOUR ?
A large number of daily wage earners do not have the backing of a steady monthly income or the flexibility of working from home like a lot of us have today. They also do not have enough savings to stock up on food and other essentials for their family, young ones included. As responsible citizens of our country with the means to help, we need to unite together and help feed everyone and ensure nobody sleeps hungry.
WHO WILL WE HELP AND HOW?
How will your funds be used?
- Daily wage earners have been most impacted by the Covid-19 lockdown
- We have mapped close to 2,50,000 such families across 3 State who need our support.
- One Ration Kit will be issued to every family mapped under us. Each kit will contain grains for a family of 5 for 10 Days
- This is a 100% not for profit campaign, and we will disclose the use of proceeds in a financial transparency report sent to all contributors to the campaign
- Our volunteers and NGO partners will ensure responsible distribution of these kits while ensuring ‘Social Distancing’ guidelines.
- Earlier, we have successfully mobilised millions of meals as part of emergency relief campaigns in 2019 during Bihar floods
We need 20 crores = 250,000 families x 10 Days of ration x Rs. 820 per kit
|Breakup of Budget for HAUSLA RAHAT – COVID 19 by GRAMEEN SNEH FOUNDATION|
|A||Dry Ration Pack for a Family for 10 Days|
|Item||Qty Per Pack||Rate||Amt Per Pack|
|A.1||Rice||5.0 Kg||40 Per Kg||Rs. 200.00|
|A.2||Atta||5.0 Kg||40 Per Kg||Rs. 200.00|
|A.3||Dal||2.0 Kg||100 Per Kg||Rs. 200.00|
|A.4||Potato||1.5 Kg||30 Per Kg||Rs. 45.00|
|A.5||Oil||0.5 Ltr||140 Per Ltr||Rs. 70.00|
|A.6||Sugar||0.5 Kg||60 Per Kg||Rs. 30.00|
|A.7||Soap||2.0 No||10 Per No||Rs. 20.00|
|A.8||Salt & Spices|| ||30||Rs. 30.00|
|A.9||Misc. Items (eg Match Box, Candles , Tooth Paste etc)|| ||25||Rs. 25.00|
|Since Cost of 01 Dry Ration Pack is||Rs. 820.00|
ABOUT GRAMEEN SNEH FOUNDATION:
- Each kit for a family costs us Rs.820 We have made standardized food supply kits for a family of 5 for Ten Days. Each kit contains a combination of food grains and pulses - Wheat Flour, Rice, Dal, Potato, Oil, Sugar, Soap, Salt & Spices and Misc. Items (eg Match Box, Candles , Tooth Paste etc).
- 100% proceeds will be donated in procuring and distributing meal kits to families of daily wage earners across 3 States.
- 12A & 80G Tax exemption certificate will be issued for all donations
Grameen Sneh Foundation, a national level ISO certified NGO and Limca Book of World Record Awardee (also 80G, 12A and FCRA accredited), is an NGO operating nationwide in the area of Cancer awareness and prevention. The foundation strives to achieve this objective by organizing Health check-up camp –cum- Cancer Detection camp in the remotest areas for early detection of Cancer. Needless to say, such camps shall provide promotive and preventive Health Check-up and counselling activities for the cancer patients of these areas which shall be great help to reduce health expenditure of the society of this area.
For more detail visit at : www.grameensnehfoundation.org
Top of Form