“Do you feel truly heard and held without any judgment and interruptions?” When we asked this question to people we knew, we were surprised beyond our expectations. Whenever we stood on the street with a sign saying “Free Listening Space”, a swarm of people came to share what they have been meaning to, since a long time but couldn’t. Many of them acknowledged how they may be depressed already or are sitting at the brink of a depression.
Being Heard when someone says is the most basic human need and yet is fulfilled so rarely. So we asked ourselves - how can we make a safe, non judgemental space of listening available for everyone no matter what point in their life they are and where they are?
Sunonaa is a digital and offline platform which provides emotional support through listening and awareness workshops for everyone. We started this journey in 2017 and have trained more than 250 volunteers who have provided listening spaces to people coming from different age, caste, creed and religion all across the country.
With covid realities all around us we see this even more crucial to extend our work towards marginalized vulnerable communities who need this support and empowerment training . Our mission is to provide one year wellbeing support to 620 girls through active listening sessions, workshops, training and building communities.
Through this campaign we are offering:
1. 6000+ active listening sessions that help them manage their emotions.
2. On demand therapy sessions.
3. 12 workshops aimed to teach skills and techniques on self care.
4. Creating content around mental health in various Indian languages to reduce stigma and increase awareness.
5. Building and co creating support groups for different communities - LGBTQIA & Straight
6. Building support groups for focussed issues - stress, anxiety, addiction.
7. Create the technology support for the platform for active support to provide help 24/7 and expand our reach.
How does the sunonaa campaign contribute ?
- It will help capacitate adolescents from not falling in the trap of mental illness. https://indiabioscience.org/columns/opinion/covid-19-has-exacerbated-indias-hidden-mental-health-pandemic
- It will provide expert sessions which will help them in dealing with stress, anxiety through providing tools to overcome them.
- Techniques and tools to prepare themselves for self care, decision making and making contributive life choices will be created and shared with everyone.
- A strong support group to be able to share fears, troubles and life changing experiences
We wish to create a community of believers, supporters and contributors who are willing to walk with us by providing us financial aid/ support of 6 lakh in total. The raised amount will be utilized in the following ways:
- Training the volunteers for listening spaces.
- Contribution towards operational expenses.
- Technology building for safe, monitored, private spaces.
- Content Creation for Training, Onboarding, Engagement and Awareness.
When you donate, you would receive:
- 80G Tax invoice from sunonaa.
- Thank you note from the entire community for supporting us in our mission.
- An opportunity to attend listening training and self growth sessions with sunonaa community.
- You also get a free listening training ebook from sunonaa.