We all know that there is also a huge economic fallout, beginning to affect every aspect of society, but it may not immediately come to mind that the impact on charities that entirely rely on donations to survive is truly devastating.
Ganga Prem Hospice, Rishikesh (GPH) which has served terminally ill cancer patients and their families, through clinics, home care, and inpatient care, over the last 15 years is also struggling to be able to continue its services in this existential crisis.
Our Efforts During The Pandemic:
* In these extraordinary times, Ganga Prem Hospice remains focused on getting care and supplies, both medical and essential, to its patients, their families, and those receiving bereavement support from the Hospice.
* Since India decided to flatten the curve of spread by locking down nationally, our healthcare and social work professionals have provided Covid-19 relief kits (of essential items) to families of terminally ill cancer patients and those who have been bereaved by the loss of the family’s sole wage earner.
* In keeping with the Global Palliative Care and Hospice Standards being followed during the pandemic, GPH continues to provide telephonic- and e-consultations to existing and new patients through our dedicated helpline numbers.
* Ganga Prem Hospice is a spiritually oriented, non-profit hospice for terminally ill cancer patients.
* Located at the foot of the Himalayas on the banks of River Ganga at village Gohri Maphi in Rishikesh, Ganga Prem Hospice was started in 2006 and is now the first NGO in Uttarakhand to get recognized as a ‘Registered Medical Institute’ (RMI).
* Being one of the handful of hospices pan-India, we endeavor to become a world-renowned palliative care organization in the sacred space of end-of-life care and service.
* The mission of Ganga Prem Hospice is also aligned with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), working, amongst others, primarily in the area of ‘Good Health and Well-Being (Goal#3)’.
How your donations will be used:
(Estimated Requirement = INR 50,00,000)
* Since inception and with the facility buildings becoming fully operational in 2017, the day-to-day operating expenses have been possible only through public funding and fundraising.
* Our patients desperately need our services, now and later. As expenses due to the pandemic mount, unfortunately, donations are witnessing a significant downtrend from its usual funding sources in India, Europe, and the US.
-- Critical: Three months’ operating and human resource expenses ( INR 12-15 lacs/month | ~INR 45 lacs/quarter)
-- Covid-19 Relief Kits for three months ( ~INR 2,500 / kit | INR 1 lac/month) – medical and other essential items
-- PPE Kits ( ~INR 1,000 / kit | INR 40,000 / month ) – single-use only, for field healthcare workers and riders
-- Bereavement Support
Help us help those fighting a battle longer than this current pandemic. Cancer and other terminal conditions are slow and painful, and the patients are ‘more susceptible’ to Covid-19. You can ease the pain, now more than ever.
You are welcome to our website at https://www.gangapremhospice.org/ and can also explore more about us, especially about the team’s relentless efforts during these difficult times, at https://www.facebook.com/gangapremhospice.
We are appealing directly to the public, including to our previous donors, for immediate assistance. Donate today. Help us Serve. Help us Stay Afloat