Forests are one of the best tools we have to fight climate change at scale. They not only help absorb carbon from the atmosphere, they also improve soil quality, provide freshwater, regulate climate and provides habitat for biodiversity. However, the world has made next to no progress to meet our UN Sustainable Development Goals of increasing our forest cover.
So we want kill two birds with one stone:
1) convert land too degraded for agriculture into forests to fight climate change
2) financially support farmers providing land to grow and preserve the forests long-term
Farmers for Forests is a non-profit that provides financial support to farmers for protecting existing forests and growing new forests on their land to fight both climate change and poverty. We work at the intersection of climate change and poverty because we cannot have environmental justice without securing social justice for India's rural communities.
We have already converted 10 acres of barren land into forests, and are looking to convert 10 more with your help. Our goal is to slowly but surely scale this model up to parts of India where farmer and tribal communities are experiencing catastrophic impacts of climate change on their daily lives.
We want to help today’s climate change victims become tomorrow’s climate change champions!
- 100% of the donation will go towards procuring and planting of trees, plus financial support for the farmers for conserving the forests long-term
- The more trees you donate to plant, the more carbon you can help offset
- Species of the tree(s) planted
- GPS location of forest where your tree(s) are planted
- Details on farmer on whose land the tree(s) are planted
- Quarterly drone footage of the forest where your tree(s) are planted
- Quarterly satellite data on your tree(s) health
- Estimate of how much carbon your tree(s) have absorbed
Please share our campaign link with the hashtags #40000trees and #farmersforforests