We currently provide tuition, sweaters, shoes, socks, stationary etc to approximately 180 children in the 7 kendras and have been successfully running these kendras since past 1.5 years. Each kendra has a tutor from the local area thus indirectly providing part-time employment opportunity to local youth. We have also provided a computer at 1 of our sanskar kendra 6 months ago which helps in digital exposure for children in these remote villages.
These kendras are run in following villages (in district Pithoragarh & Champawat)
Jagthali, Barsayat, Kalasila, Baret Bafila, Moosligaad, Bhattigaon, Gudmi
Who is this fundraiser for ?
Children of the remote villages of Uttarakhand who do not have even the most basic facilities to education.
How do we plan to use the funds ?
We want to spend most of funds to upgrade existing Sanskar Kendras. So our fund utilization would be to cover our expenses for the year 2020 to scope following items
1. Basic infrastructure like benches/mattress with carpet to sit ( currently children sit on the floor over a mat even during chill winters),
2. White wash the walls and color paint them with creative drawings
3. Install atleast 1 heater per kendra to combat extreme cold during winters
4. Install 1 computers per kendra so the children there can also see what it feels like to use a computer and give them exposure at an early stage.
5. Basic computer training for all tutors.
7. Buy 1 set of Track Suit & Shoes per child as most of them belong to very poor families.
8. Provide children with school bag and all stationary round the year.
2. Whenever possible, kindly do visit any of our Sanskar Kendras and motivate these young kids.
This is the first instance we are raising funds through crowdsourcing. Please feel free to raise any queries you may have regarding our initiatives.