Over the years, BRM has built youth leadership through civic action in communities. It comprises several events, initiatives and an ongoing deep democracy process of ‘Sarv-Anumati’ or 100% consent to govern itself.
We are a Movement arising through experiments in Sarv-Anumati. It creates active citizens, creating non-violent communities.
Our Funding Philosophy sets us apart from any NGO that ‘solves a problem’ or any enterprise that offers a product or service. While most of the energy of BRM is self generated, it needs a small amount of energy to keep its affairs going. This includes looking at overall coordination, finances, being the last person standing on tasks (especially external ones), fundraising, overall strategy, design etc. So it may seem small in comparison to the larger set of voluntary things, but is very critical.
Invest in nurturing the next generation of leaders that build communities through civic change
Our work includes building youth leadership at 3 levels:
- Personal: Building leadership in youth through volunteering (Learning to understand systems and individual change= 3500 hours)
- Local: Acting on local civic issues and connecting communities (Programs + collective events = 2800 hours)
- Systemic: Supporting and co-organizing solidarity events (5 major national networks of 300 + grassroots organizations = 1300 hours)
Overall Initiatives and Impact
- The Community Connect Fellowship: Building active citizenship in youth through solving civic issues. 380+ fellows 6000+ civic complaints 60% complaints addressed. Voted 2nd best initiative globally at The World Forum for Democracy.
- The Fools' Forum: Collaborative citizen events. 700+ individuals connecting 40+ alternative communities in Mumbai
- Channel 5: Listening spaces in COVID times. Benefitted 180+ participants
- Other events: Learning circles with thought leaders. 10+ circles
The movement is completely volunteer-driven with minimal overheads. Your donation will primarily support the Movement and the personnel & admin costs of the project.
Your funds help citizens engage actively to create sustainable cities. All donations big or small are welcome.