- Rapes against children have increased by 82 percent from 2015 to 2016
- Sexual offenses have increased by 4.6% to 52,420 cases recorded in the 2018/19
- As per the 2013 annual report, 24923 rape cases were reported in India.
- While in 2016 rape reported amount to over 40,000 cases
- In approximately every 13 minutes, a woman gets raped in India.
- Nearly 106 women are raped every day in India.
- Even after the Nirbhaya incident, Delhi has seen a rise in rapes by 227%.
- 6 children are raped every day.
Is India unsafe for women?
A: No, but it might become if we do nothing anything against the rising atrocities against women.
What we offer and why are we fundraising :-
We start with a workshop by knowing each other with simple Q & A's after which our program intensifies with the below-given mini-modules:
- Domestic Violence and Rape Prevention
- Street Smart Safety Tips
- Environmental and Mental Attitude Awareness
- Simple, Easy To Remember and Do Yet, Extremely
- Effective Self Defense Techniques
If this is something that you would consider, we’d love to continue this conversation. Please reach out to us. We’d love to have you on board.
Lastly I would like to add the funds we will be receiving for our initiative will strictly be used to conduct workshops in schools mostly rural areas as such educational institutes are unable to pay for self defense workshops.
We will be having trainers coming across all over India who are specialized for such workshops. We have already conducted few workshops in the past however due to lack of funds we were unable to continue further. With our experience in the past conducting a workshop (outstation) our minimum cost goes upto 100,000/- INR which includes 3 days workshops, trainers fees, travel, accommodation, food beverages, training equipment etc etc.
Our plan is to conduct minimum 6-7 FREE workshops with the funds which will be raised via this platform. Regular update will be provided as needed.
We are grateful for your help!