My name is Darell Pinto, a class 12 student of St. Columbas. We are living in times nobody has ever imagined. Locked in our home with great luck with our families to stop the spread of this deadly virus.
As community-spread has become a reality, we can either wait for the government machinery to do its job or do our bit to make a difference. This town has produced brilliant minds who’re doing pretty well in their lives and it’s time each one joins hands to give back.
We’re looking for your support to increase the number of CCU beds in Covid Hospital dedicated for the treatment of COVID19 patients. We realize this may not be adequate, but we have to make a start.
The work in 2021 builds on the progress achieved in 2020, continues to support the response in countries towards suppressing transmission, reducing exposure, countering misinformation and disinformation, protecting the vulnerable, reducing mortality and morbidity rates and increasing equitable access of diagnostics and vaccines for all.
Donations received through the fund will go towards activities such as:
- Suppress transmission through public health and social measures, including detecting and testing cases, tracing and quarantining contacts, shielding high-risk groups
- Managing the infodemic and fighting disinformation and misinformation
- Protect the most vulnerable by building vaccine acceptance, ensurance vaccine deployment in all states and carrying out vaccination campaigns
- Reduce mortality and morbidity and save lives by ensuring quality care, training of health workforce and access to essential commodities
- Accelerate equitable access to new COVID-19 tools, including vaccines, diagnostics and therapeutics in all states.