Why I am fundraising:Nearly 30 million Indians are heart patients, making India the heart-disease capital of the world. With the pocket ECG monitor, Sanket, even people from the most remote part of the country can get themselves a quick, 98% accurate ECG test any time they experience chest pain.
We at Agatsa Technology, are raising funds to scale up our production and make this technology easily available to the masses.
About our Technology:We have developed a credit-card-sized ECG monitor, Sanket that can measure ECG, and stress levels by touch. The ECG is immediately displayed on a mobile screen and can immediately be relayed to anyone across globe using Whatsapp, email, our cloud and or even a SMS. This means that with an ECG Report generated within 15 seconds, a report can be sent to the patient's doctor instantly!
The device works with our free mobile apps to enable measurement and fulfillment. We have users from 13-79 years of age, who use the Sanket device and mobile app, without any external help. You can learn more about it at our website www.agatsa.com
About Agatsa:We are a startup that wants to bring good, affordable healthcare to the masses, particularly in heart monitoring. To develop prototypes of Sanket, we approached people from the slums as well as people in big cities for testing, since we wanted varied data.
While collecting ECG data, to our shock, we found that a large number of people across all geographies and social strata had heart problems. While people in metros had an insurance cover, the villagers did not even know that they had been living with heart disease. This was because they did not have access to the right technology.
That's when we decided that once we built our technology, we would approach the people in our country to seek their help in enabling every village have adequate healthcare technology. The Sanket team does 100,000 free ECG tests every month for those who can not afford it.
The Sanket can also measure stress levels through touch. This was developed as a part of a trust's research on stress levels in children aged 9-13.
Agatsa has received the 'Anjani Mashelkar Inclusive Innovation Award' in 2015, graced by Hon. Vice President of India, Mohammad Hamid Ansari. We were also fortunate to be present in the Rashtrapati Bhawan to participate in the 'Outstanding Innovation in Medical Science and Bio-technology' exhibition at the 'Festival of Innovation'.
We are now taking our cause to the next level by aiming to deliver 100 Sanket devices for free to primary health centers. Together we can make a difference. Please support our vision and help provide health care to those who need it but cannot afford it.
With your help, Sanket ECG monitors will be placed in areas where there is no access to big hospitals, and through our technology, ECGs of patients can be viewed by any doctor across globe. We know our technology can help save many lives, but we need your help.
What do we plan to do with the funds?We have a target to provide 100 devices to the masses and need Rs 10,00,000 to:
- Provide Sanket devices for free
- Have free technology enabled in the primary health centres
- Hire more people to support this campaign
- Provide regular monitoring for the underprivileged
As our token of appreciation, for donations
- Of Rs. 10,000 and above, you will get one FREE Sanket device and 25% discount on every other purchase made within one month of ending of this campaign.
- Between Rs. 7000 and 9999, you will get a special discount of 33.33% on MRP if you buy the device within 1 month of donation
- Between Rs. 4000 and Rs 6999, you will get a special discount of 20% on MRP if you buy the device within 1 month of donation
- Between Rs. 1500 and Rs 3999, your or your loved ones' name will be imprinted on the back side of one of the donated device
- Between Rs. 500 and Rs 1499, you will get a personalized thank you note from us for your generosity and support for this cause