Leo Club ,University of Delhi is the youth wing of Lions Club International. It is a student run Non-Profit Organization encompassing students and youth from and outside the University of Delhi willing to give back to the society.
We started out in 2018. We conduct various activities in the field of health care, child development, women empowerment, literacy & education, hunger and self-development.
Over the past two years, we have organized various health camps like Dental Check-up camps, Eye Check-up camps, Blood Donation camps etc, and various drives and awareness campaigns as well, for instance, stationary donation drives, cleanliness drives, food distribution drives and plantation drives.
We have three significant projects and each project is dedicated towards the eradication of some issue faced by the society.
- Our first project is , PROJECT JEEVAN wherein we are making efforts to combat hunger while addressing food wastage. The project focuses on providing regular meals to the underprivileged and ensuring a healthy living for them. We conduct regular food distribution drives in Delhi where we feed people as well as animals. We are also legally registered in FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India), this means that our existence is approved and that we don't face any problems in food distribution.
- With an aim to create awareness regarding peace, sustainable development goals and the relation between the two, we started a project called PEACEBUILDERS UNITE. It’s an attempt to address the root cause of problems and to bring about mutual respect among the people to resolve any conflict through non-violence. This project draws its inspiration from United Nations Security Council Resolution 2250,which emphasizes on the role of youth in creating and sustaining peace and security.
- Our third project is named as BEKHAUFF which was started with a motive to unyoke women and children from their shells and help them to become more aware and empowered. We’re working on basic education which for example includes workshops on menstrual hygiene ,child sexual abuse.
In the process we have successfully served around 3500+ people and planted more than than 600+ tress in the year 2019-20 itself and undertook organizing more than 50 events.We also served more than 1200+ people by organizing health checkup camps.
- Extend your hand and contribute; we will make sure every penny you contribute matters.
- Spread the word: Send this message to your friends/kin in order to help us help others.
We are hoping for your support, to help us fund and share our campaign so that we may carry out our projects and social service activities for the year 2020-21,which will in turn help us reach out to more people in this hour of need.
Leo Club, University of Delhi.