I have been working with groups of ladies who are hard working and willing to step out to support their families and give their children a better life. I have seen them struggle for opportunities as they are not educated and cannot find any better jobs other than house maids. they have no chance of borrowing from banks with all its terms and conditions which are impossible to fulfill. I have been with them and seen their daily struggle and thought of providing them better work then household maids.
My husband and I have started providing work to those ladies who have not much opportunity due to their restricted conditions at home and have still not been able to break free from a poor life style due to various reasons. We set up small workshops of chapati making where we provide them all the material and facilities and get chapatis made we get them the market and orders for the same. The Hygiene and quality is controlled and supervised by us. If all this is taken care of the market is huge and opportunity is big but we need funds to manage the materials and delivery and pay the ladies on time so that production is done on time.
Training them to maintain quality and providing them a better environment to work is quite a cost which is difficult to manage. If funds are available many such workshops can be set up and many ladies will get work to earn a better living. The funds are required for below-given details
1. we need to invest in a place on rent to start with for which deposit money is required.
2. The material has to be procured in advance in whole sale to get good rates.
3. The basic machinery like dough making machine, gas stoves, tava, gas cylinders are to be purchased.
4. the workers have to be paid for daily/monthly wages until the company gives payment for our goods. We have to tie up with companies to have regular work in hand only then can we afford to pay daily wages.
5. when we run this unit successfully we can give work to more then 100 ladies who are in need.
This fund will help start a unit which will support not one but many needy families who have no hope.