Shocked by the gangrape of Dr Priyanka Reddy in Nov 2019 , 4 alumni of IIMs and two change makers were drawn together to eliminate this scourge from India.
The Parivartan initiative was born.
Reduce the incidence of sexual violence in India over time through:
- A gender sensitization curriculum that nurtures dialogue over healthy gender norms and empowers children and young adults to make informed choices
- Teaches girls and boys to treat each other with mutual respect
- Instills healthy masculinity in boys and a healthy self-confidence in girls
- Envision an experiential program that could be delivered to children in schools
- Research and review gender sensitization curriculums for children available globally and in India
- Based on this research, Seeds of Awareness’ and CLL-TISS’s Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE) program was selected as the course of choice
- Engage 3-4 established NGOs with aligned objectives to assign dedicated facilitators for the pilot roll-out of training in schools in and around their base locations. We are partnering with Vasavya Mahila Mandali, PVCHR Asia, and Center for Health and Social Justice.
- Enable facilitators through a 3-4 month training from SOAs esteemed faculty
- We believe that the approach to have SOA as a curriculum provider training multiple NGOs in a curriculum toward a common purpose is a unique approach that can be scaled nationally
We will work towards scaling our program nationally beyond the pilot through the following mechanisms:
- Have the facilitators with strong conceptual, experiential and facilitation skills develop and train other facilitators who could work with kids
- Engage NGOs in other geos/cities
- Work with governments in incorporating the program into their curriculum
Call for funds
- We expect the initial batch of training plus fieldwork to cost around Rs 25 lakh. The initial batch of trainers will reach nearly 3500 kids. The costs include:
- Instruction and Compendium
- Training and material costs
- Field work with children
- Travel and incidentals
How can you help
If your emotional response to rape is anger, shame and helplessness here's your chance to do something. Please help us make Parivartan a mass movement. Contribute to change so that together we can bring a Parivartan.