Taleem Build Community. Build Nation.
1. What do we want to create?
The Taleem Community Centre is committed to being a safe and welcoming place for our whole community. We call the values we teach and aspire to every day. We long for the day when we don’t need to make these kinds of statements. Until then, we will continue our work toward becoming a vibrant community where we all value our differences and celebrate our common humanity.
Our Vision and Mission Vision Statement
Provide a Community Centre that is warm, welcoming and equitable, reflecting the developing needs of our community.
Provide a safe and supportive community place where people of all ages can:
• Be actively involved in community life
• Develop friendships and networks
• Learn new skills to improve quality of life and lifelong learning
• Enhance opportunities for individual, family and group participation, growth and fun
• Respect and value the contribution of others
• Celebrate diversity
Taleem will work alongside our community to promote and enhance the wellbeing of residents by providing programs, activities,services and resources which respond to community need.
We will endeavor to:
• Provide a welcoming and well maintained facility for local community participation and use.
• Develop and support a broad range of programs and courses based in community development that focus on social interaction and inclusion to enhance well being across the age spectrum.
• Provide services and benefits to the disadvantaged members of the community.
• Ensure opportunities for active volunteering and contribution, fostering civic pride and pathways to skill development.
2. How are we going to create?
Following are the pillars on which TALEEM would bestrongly structured –
To break the power dynamics which existsin our society, GUFTAGU is an informal story telling space where the residenceof the community come together and share their stories (struggles,successes,core believes and dreams.)
· “In coming years there would be no WomenLeader, There would be only LEADER.”
· To make this statement come alive, UMMEED build livelihood skills in women from the community envisioning one day they will uphold their NATURAL rights.
· Junoon work towards strengthening our Indian cultural heritage and national identity by enabling the younger generation to re-interpret and re-evaluate the past with reference to new priorities and emerging outlooks of a changing societal parts.
· GRANTH will be a community library which will inform and inspire community, making us all more resilient, more connected and more successful. Granth will help to reduce achievement gap and bring our kids at their grade level.
3.How are we going to utilize the money? And Why should you contribute?
Mother Teresa once stated that “I can do good things, you can do good things but together we can do great things.” And hence to reach this vision of excellencewe need lot of financial and motivational support. We need funds for
A.Rent of community centre
B.Books for library
D.Four white boards
H.Trainings and workshops
The best investment we can ever make is investing in the future of our country. We have been complaining a lot about the reality and now it’s time we move a step ahead to take the ownership of changing this reality and creating a better nation tomorrow because transforming communities will lead to transformed India.
Your smallest of the contribution will help us reach this large purpose.