Gau Gyan Foundation is a registered NGO established in 2012 (Registration no. S/RS/SW/0851/2012) committed to save cows and progeny from illegal slaughtering across India with the help of our network of volunteers.
What we have achieved?
- Running 2 Gaushalas in Maitapur ,Odisha and Devkund Bihar, housing 200 plus and 450 plus rescued cattle respectively.
- Rehabilitated 25k plus animals, including over 500 camels in other Gaushalas, rescued within past 4 years from illegal slaughtering from various parts of India.
- 700 plus FIR filed against the illegal cattle mafia in various states like Karnataka, Bihar, Jharkhand, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan, Delhi, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and Assam.
- Fought 100s of cases across the country, convicted criminals, taken custody of cattle, opposed bails for the accused, cattle not handed over to criminals, etc. Still fighting 100s of cases in various courts to take custody of animals and convict criminals and uphold the law.
- Volunteers have been risking their lives to track and physically oppose the activity of cattle smugglers. They receive threats from all directions and have often been attacked as well, including harassment by police officials.
- Volunteers have been contributing their time, energy and money for the cause in the face of rampant abuse, trafficking and slaughter of the animals at the hands of cattle mafia and corrupt officials
|3 Sheds for cattle required in Devkund Gaushala||100 ft X 20 ft @ INR 2.5 Lacs each||INR 7.5 Lacs for 3 sheds|
|Cattle feeding cost per day for 650 cattle||INR 70.00 per cattle per day||INR 45500.00 per day|
- Medicines and treatment of sick animals (particularly foot and mouth disease)
- Salary towards 15-20 Employees
- Transportation of rescued animals to animal shelters via trucks.
- Legal expenses of 100s of legal cases being fought in various courts across India including Supreme Court
|FIR Done by Gau Gyan Foundation in Years|
|State||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018||Total FIRs Done|
Gau Gyan Foundation making news -
- Illegal cattle mafia tried to kill female volunteer of gau gyan foundation ,2000 mob put the Bishanpur police station on fire when mafia got caught red handed while illegally slaughtering cows in Bishanpur,Kishanganj Bihar – Aug-2018
- 1100 cattle rescued from Sheoganj illegal cattle haat in Aurangabad Bihar - April 2018
- 1000 plus cattle rescued from Barun illegal cattle haat Aurangabad ,Bihar – May-2018
- 400 tons cow beef seized from Muzaffarpur,Bihar – June-18
- 400 tons cow beef seized from Belgaum,Karnataka – Feb-2018
- 390 tons cow beef seized from Bidar ,Karnataka – Jan-2018
- High Court appointed court commissioner to raid illegal slaughter houses in Karnataka (Acting on GGF Petition) – Sept-17
- GGF Volunteer Nandini got brutally attacked by mob with stones when she went with police to rescue cattle to be taken for slaughter illegally – Oct-2017
- 300 Plus cattle to be slaughtered got rescued from Kasai Mohalla ,Doranda,Ranchi Jharkhand – Aug-17
- 82 camels rescued from slaughtering in Gorthamba,Girdih,Jharkhand ,transported back to their native place Rajasthan – July-17
We thank you in advance for your support! Your donation is greatly appreciated and will be used in feeding, sheltering, veterinary care and rescue work of the traumatized animals.
It will be used to give a new life and forever home to them.
Note : All donations made to Gau Gyan Foundation are exempted from Tax under Section 80G of the Income Tax Act 1961.
For further query please contact :- +91-8700186819 or email @ email@example.com