From December 2018 to date, appox 5,000 cattle have been rescued by BSF at the Indo-Bangladesh Border, of which approx 2,000 Cattle have already been rehabilitated in Dhyan Foundation Gaushalas or other verified gaushalas in nearby states.Currently, we are holding about 3,000 more cattle in temporary shelters near various border posts along West Bengal, Meghalaya and Tripura border.
- Every year, lakhs of cows/bulls are illegally smuggled into Bangladesh where they are turned into shoes, belts and for beef consumption. As per Indian Govt records, following are the details of cattle seized by BSF of Indo-Bangladesh border in the past years : Year Cattle seized by BSF
Cattle number which pass through the border number is very high. As per records, close to 15 lakhs cattle are illegally smuggled through Indo-Bangla border every year.
- Cattle are starved for days, tortured and beaten while in transit from various Indian states to the border for the purpose of smuggling.
- Thousands of cattle are made to cross this border to reach Bangladesh where these innocent beings land into slaughter houses and are brutally slaughtered.
- Capital Expenditure requirements are:
Vehicles for transporting cattle from BSF outposts to gaushalas. Average Cost per truck per pick up is in excess of Rs 20k. One truck per pick up accommodates no more than 15-18 cattle. We need 2 trucks to cut down the cost of logistics. Per truck cost is approx Rs 16.50 Lakhs i.e. 33-35 lakhs for 2 trucks. Third party Quotes available on request.
- Shed Construction -
Sheds required to accommodate approx 3000 cattle from scorching sun/rain. A 100 x 20 feet shed cost is circa Rs 2 lakh to 2.5 lakh. We need at least 20 sheds on urgent basis. Overall, funds required for this is Rs 45-50 lakhs.
- Monthly operating expenses: Care & Maintenance (Fodder, vet and salaries etc)
Thanks for Your Support !
Email us transfer details at email@example.com
- Dhyan Foundation is a Non Government, Not for profit NGO, registered in New Delhi vide trust deed (Doc No 2235, Addl Book No 4 on 27/5/2002) . It is a volunteer based NGO. All the volunteers are committed to the cause of protecting and preserving the sick, injured & abandoned animals across India.
- Dhyan Foundation is a recognised Animal Welfare Organisation, registered with the Animal Welfare Board of India (an autonomous body under the Ministry of Agriculture).Dhyan Foundation is also an active member of the Goa Animal Welfare Board, Delhi State Advisory Board for Animal Welfare and members of the Committee constituted for Inspection & Supervision of Gaushalas in areas of Delhi.We were awarded the 2018 Best Cow Shelter Award by the Federation of Indian Animals Protection Organisation.
- We work pan India and some of our achievements include assistance in rehabilitation of 21,000+ rescued animals from illegal slaughter by other animal welfare organizations. 200+ feeding points across the country, nourishing 6000+ animals daily is an integral part of our projects. The animals rescued have been successfully rehabilitated at 25 permanent and 3 more Dhyan Foundation shelters and other associated gaushalas that are being funded/maintained by Dhyan Foundation.Thanks for the Support !RegardsDhyan Foundation