Remi A R Foundation is less than a year old registered public charitable Trust and has received exemption u/s 80 G (5) of IT Act, 1961. The Foundation currently focuses on Education and plans to increase their scope of work in the coming months to include causes towards Women, Healthcare & Infrastructure.
This Foundation has successfully completed its first project towards supporting immediate needs for few benches and desks, storage cupboards, and metal mesh for Rakum School for the Blind. The Foundation plans to continue providing necessary support to Rakum School, and in parallel proposes to adopt the Government Higher Primary School at Munnekolala.
This Government School has 311 children comprising 145 girls and 166 boys, from 1st standard to 8th standard. Currently, the government offers a set of unstitched uniforms and mid-day meals under the Akshaya Patra umbrella. Very recently, Chief Minister of Karnataka has passed an order to implement stitched uniforms to government school children, for the academic year 2017-2018.
The vision is to set an example as a model government school by offering them the following support. The enumerated expenses, comprise both one time, and recurrent expenses:
- Stitching costs, if the government orders do not fall in place in time
- Shoes, socks, belts and a set of casual clothes as most children live in uniforms due to economic constraints
- Backpack and Stationery items
- Breakfast provision, as most of the children don’t get to have their first meal in the morning, due to economic constraints
- Infrastructure – Desks, benches, sink, storage cupboards, lab flooring
- Encourage school management to put in place Security Guard and Safai Karamcharis as per government regulations
- Library and Science Lab
- Playground equipment
Total projected estimated cost is Rs.31,50,000/- (95% towards materials, transportation, labour, services, taxes + 5% towards operations cost).
The Foundation can receive funds from any Indian Organisation, other NGOs, and individuals.
Please extend your individual and group contributions towards commencing and completing the above listed goals for the government school.