Why Donate at all?
According to the WHO review 2017 :-
- Blood transfusions formulate the major need for:
- Women with complications of pregnancy.
- Children with severe anemia.
- People with severe trauma
- Cancer patients
- Many complex medical procedures
Reference link: http://www.who.int/features/qa/61/en/
The Big Question
Despite being a country with a population of 1.2 billion, Why are we still facing problems of blood shortage?
India faces a blood shortage of 3 million units, Given that the eligible donor population of India is more than 512 million, this deficit is surprising.
Delhi NCR alone faces a shortage of 100,000 units per year.
There are situations which come up at odd times/ odd hours; when we can’t wait for another minute for that ounce of blood to get in the drip.
The question is: is a donor always available?
The answer is NO.
Unable to store blood for a longer duration due to it’s shorter shelf-life- In the last five years, over 2.8 million precious units of blood and its components were discarded by blood banks across the country. Why?
Mainly because the shelf-life of donated blood is 35 to 42 days.
The Bitter Truth: Even with a donation card, the donor has to pay from his own pocket when he requires it. Furthermore, the news that their blood saved someone’s life, never reaches them.
ONE PERSON-18 LIVES.
A single unit of blood can save 3 lives and a person can donate at an interval of 56 days, that implies 6 times a year. Thus 18 lives you can save!
Following the protocol for :
- Availability of volunteered donors when required
- Easy reach of volunteered donors, and
- no extra charges on volunteered blood, we could fill the empty wells saving our souls.
How can we implement this?
Presenting an app that saves a life
- No wastage of blood.
- Transparency with blood usage for volunteered donors.
- No charges
- Privacy: Donors don't have to provide their personal details like mobile number on the platform in order to help.
- Fast and Effective
- Donors get to know their blood test reports each time they donate
The Frainz Way
We Need Humans To Help Where Machines Can't.
- Frainz has registered users with blood group but without their mobile numbers.
- A user can make an announcement of blood requirement with blood group.
- Frainz will broadcast requirement to all the nearby matching blood donors within a radius.
- Donors get to know blood requirements in real-time.
- Donors can interact with requirement without sharing their mobile numbers.
- Volunteered blood donors can donate after testing of blood directly to the patient.