It is not only difficult but almost impossible to get trained nurses or medical care giver in such locations or at home, as a result the quality of life of cancer survivors rapidly deteriorates except those few economically privileged who stays in big metropolitan cities.
Location: Mumbai (Charitable Home for out station poor cancer patients.)
Current activities: We are providing counselling sessions to the large number of migrants target group of immediate family members and friends on how to provide basic medical and nutritional health support. This kind of intervention will not only improve the quality of life of the patients but also save their money while at the same time would reduce emotional stress of the family members.
We are also giving clinical advice, treatment and support to the relatives who stays for months in a make shift shelter or in charitable home in big city like Mumbai far away from their native village & town during their course of therapy.
- Developing appropriate culturally sensitive information, educational & communication materials (booklets, manuals, mobile apps, video materials’, leaflets etc.) for the specific target groups.
- Conduct quarterly ( 4 /year) 2 days workshops/interactive sessions to provide hands on (practical bed side) training to the immediate relatives on basic health, hygiene and nutritional care so that they can look after the patients at home or give domiciliary care.
- Provide basic treatment and support to the poor cancer patients and relatives during their stay in hospice or charitable homes.
- E-Education materials and training modules will be developed to be used by all Cancer Hospitals and Cancer Homes.
- Workshops will be conducted in collaboration with other NGO's and hospitals.
Donate us for the cause: We need funding of approximately RS (INR) 1,40,000/- (one lac forty thousand) in the YEAR 2018-19 to augment the services, to develop IEC materials’ and to conduct training sessions.
Our Website: https://www.fi2mt.org/