We will keep this list updated as the situation evolves.
Y4D Foundation, an NGO with prominent AIT Alumni, has a pan India presence through its wide network of volunteer chapters across the country. Y4D was setup in 2015 and has worked with a wide range of communities. Apart from its steady focus on causes such as youth, women empowerment, environment initiatives etc, the foundation also gets engaged in projects as the situation demands. COVID-19 pandemic support, flood, drought relief being some of them. Volunteers present across 17 states have impacted 237437+ people so far and counting.
Together we hope to collaborate efforts to arrange supplies as required to relief efforts for the defence community.
What is the problem we are solving?
In the past few months, the COVID-19 situation in India has spiralled out of control. While things seem to be settling down very slowly, the problem will continue to shift to smaller towns. The long term effects of this wave will continue impacting the community in terms of the support and care needed.
It is important that there is sufficient capacity built in to manage this scale. This will require as much help as possible right now.
Ground reality will continue to evolve over the coming months. It is important for support to reach the right places at the hour of need. This becomes challenging due to various factors in the supply chain.
How are we solving this?
There is a near term need for speedy access to supplies such as oxygen concentrators, oxygen generation plants and medical equipment (e.g. bipaps/ventilators). We are setting up this fund to
- Augment capacity as needed - Coordinate with facilities operated by (or in the aid of) the defence community that need supplies and procure materials as may be required. (70-80% of funds generated)
- Create oxygen concentrator banks in select cities to provide assistance to veterans/servicemen on a need basis. (20-30% of funds generated)
Who is assisting in this process?
A core group of AIT Alumni across the globe will
- Provide a governance framework
- Assist Y4D in procurement of supplies
- Liaise with concerned authorities to understand needs
- Manage the funds raised, purchase material and deploy as required
- Provide regular updates on deployment of materials
- How will you provide materials to hospitals/clinics run by defence forces? - AIT Alumni and Y4D will coordinate with defence authorities handling COVID-19 relief to understand their ask and will deploy materials. Other NGOs/donors have similarly donated hospitals/oxygen plants/oxygen concentrators to defence hospitals/clinics.
- Which cities will you setup the oxygen concentrator banks? - Oxygen concentrator banks will be setup in Tier 2 cities with large community presence. e.g. Jammu, Meerut, Jaipur etc.
- What will you do with the concentrators in the banks post utilisation?- The concentrators will be handed over to the nearest defence hospital/clinic by December 31st 2021.
- Are we providing cash to the beneficiaries? - No cash will be provided. Aid will be provided only in the form of supplies. Any excess funds as of 15th Aug 2021, will be directly transferred to the Army Central Welfare Fund.
- Why is this specific NGO selected? - Y4D has AIT alumni on its advisory committee who have proven experience in running non-profit initiatives nationally. Y4D is FCRA approved and has a national presence.
- Why not any other NGO working for COVID relief? - Larger NGOs already have their priorities defined and are executing on that mandate. We selected an NGO which would help channel these funds to assist the defence community specifically. Y4D has AIT Alumni on the advisory board representing our objective.
- What are the tax benefits mentioned in the campaign? – All INR funds donated to this fundraiser will be issued an 80G tax exemption certificate from Y4D which is approved to do so. Non INR funds will not be applicable for this exemption.
- How do I get information of how this campaign is operating? – Write in with your specific queries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you donate, you will also get regular updates from Milaap each time we post status updates on this campaign.
- Who comprises the core group of AIT Alumni working on this initiative?- The alumni core group comprises a mix of business executives and entrepreneurs from across the AIT batches right from 1998 onwards. Specific core group details are available on request from email@example.com or the AIT Alumni office. Below are the linkedin profiles of select members of this group -