We have been through pregnancy and childbirth before. This time again, we were looking forward to that joy of seeing our child for the first time. Even if I had to go through pain, I opted normal delivery. I wanted to ensure my child is healthy. We never imagined ourselves in this situation, waiting outside the NICU every single day, watching our baby battle for life, and hope to take him home someday.
If she did not have the C-section, I would have lost them both
My name is Ashok. Rameshwari and I live in Ananthapur. We have a 3-year-old daughter, and we were expecting another child. Everything was fine. We were happy to think that our family will be complete. Everything changed in a blink.
Rameshwari started bleeding. We were terrified that she was having a miscarriage. I rushed her to the emergency room at the local hospital. The doctor said that her condition was getting worse, and if they did not deliver the baby immediately, I would lose them both.
He is so tiny yet he fights for his life
My son was born on 29th November. He was not strong enough to brave this world. In a critical condition, he was moved to Aster Bangalore in an ambulance. I came here with him leaving my wife in the hospital back home. As soon as we reached, they wheeled him to the NICU.
Needles, tubes and IV lines obscure my son’s face. I have not even been able to hold him until today. He is not able to breathe. His lungs are not strong enough. His intestines were dying because of infection. He had jaundice, and bleeding in his brain. My heart kept breaking with every word the doctor uttered trying to explain his condition to me.
We sleep in the hospital garden because we cannot afford to rent a room
Rameshwari was not strong enough to come here, but she insisted. The two of us are in the hospital every day, sleeping in the garden outside every night, praying for God and the doctors to create a miracle and protect our baby boy. We want to take him home. The only problem is that I cannot afford his treatment.
How you can help
I work at a retail store. I can support my family, and send some money to Rajasthan for my elderly parents. I never even imagined to be in this condition needing over Rs. 10 L to save my baby. So far I have paid about Rs. 3.5 Lakhs by selling everything I have, and borrowing from friends. Now, if I cannot pay the bill, I might have to ask the doctor to stop treatment. I cannot lose my son. We do not know him, but we love him with all our heart.
Please, help us save our baby boy. Only you can help us take him home healthy.