I would like to highlight the various Covid programs which have been completed in this Rotary year.
The First phase of our Covid program was to assist the Tamil Nadu government in the Logistics and maintenance of the Cold Chain in the transportation and management of the Vaccines up to the last mile.
RCM provided 2Nos 14ft Reefer trucks, 2Nos 8ft refrigerated vehicles, 16 Iceland refrigerators & 1000 Vaccine carriers
1) Vaccination camps - we have conducted over 40 camps and vaccinated about 8000 persons with the assistance of the GCC.
2) Mobile Health Unit - The fully fitted vehicle is deployed in collaboration with the GCC to reach out to vaccinate clusters and remote areas around Chennai. The focus will be on communities not having easy access to public health centers, Differently abled, and senior citizens.
This unit will comprise of amenities such as 3 vaccine stations, a Doctors examination area with Bed, a Reception desk, a Counter for Lab, Toilet & an Emergency exit.
The MV unit will have air-conditioning, ceiling fans, 4kva generator, etc., to make it self-contained to operate in any area. Additionally, an external retractable canopy will provide for a waiting area as well outside the unit.
This asset will be operated by the GCC for the period of time required.
3) Oxygen - We have provided 2 Oxygen Generators of 20m3 capacity each with one to the ESIC hospital in Chennai to augment their present requirements and the second being donated by Legrand CSR to be deployed in a District hospital which is where the need is. These units are as a plug and Play concept with the option of being moved from one required location to another based on the need at the time.
Another area that we have provided assistance to is for the treatment of Children. As you will find, today the number of children being affected is on the rise with several requiring ventilators, etc in the ICU.
4) Childs Trust - We are donating a High-end Ventilator with all facilities as required by Children at the hospital ICU. The Rotary Club of Madras has been associated with institutions since its inception.
5) ICH-We have also provided to the Institute of Child Health - Egmore
1. Pediatric ECG machine by GE.
2. Video bronchoscope by Ambu (Denmark).
3. Volumetric infusion pumps by Becton Dickinson-Alaris.
4. Syringe infusion pumps by Becton Dickinson-Alaris.
5. ICU Cots
Funding All these assets along with our other projects are organized and supported by CSR funds, Individual Donors & Rotarians who assist us in our Service to Society. The value being approximately Rs.3.8Cr (513,000 US$)
We request your support in providing the assistance required for Children’s health as also our Environmental initiatives.
Rtn. Kapil Chitale
Imm. Past President