"I don't want to lose another child. Take everything I have but please save her somehow. I am still mourning the loss of my first 2 sons and now to see my daughter also in the clutches of death is terrifying me every second. If we don't get her treatment done on time, the same tragic fate awaits her too."- Seema, mother
Her immune system is malfunctioning further worsening her conditionLittle Munmi was just 9 months old when she started having recurring high fevers. Her haemoglobin was critically low and the medicines would only work for a shorter duration. It was only when Munmi started developing rashes and pimples all over her body that her parents decided to take her to Delhi from Guwahati for diagnosis. Unfortunately, she was diagnosed with Chronic Granulomatous Disease where her immune system is malfunctioning and unable to kill harmful bacteria.
She needs an urgent Transplant to fight off this chronic diseaseBidur and Seema lost 2 of their sons tragically. One passed away due to Cancer and the other one choked to death. They were so heartbroken that they decided to also immerse their photos and toys with the ashes because of being unable to cope with their loss.
"We lost both our sons suddenly with a duration of just 2 years from their birth. When Munmi started turning 2, our same old fears returned when she saw the same set of symptoms in her too. Her growth is stunted too and even small infections turn out to be life-threatening for her now. I pray to God to never give any parent the pain of living in the fear of losing their children every day."- Bidur, father
They couldn't save their sons and now their daughter is also fighting for her lifeTill date, Bidur has spent around 10 lakhs for the medical treatment of all his kids. He repents not getting a chance to save his other 2 kids but with Munmi he has a chance. This chance is however possible only if her parents arrange 25 lakhs for her Bone Marrow Transplant.
"As long as I breathe, I will fight to save my daughter. She is undergoing so much pain but still fighting to survive for her Ma and Baba, so now how can I give up? But this huge amount is beyond my capacity and I don't have the heart left to bear the loss of another child. I'm under immense guilt for not being able to save my sons and now if I lose Munmi too, I'll never be able to forgive myself."- Bidur, father
With a Bone Marrow Transplant, Munmi's chances of recovery is close to 80 percent. Her immune system will be able to fight off infections on its own and she won't have to undergo a life of pain and sharp injections at this young age. This chance will be nothing short of a gift of new life to Munmi and her parents. With Bidur's job in a courier company, he will never be able to arrange 25 lakhs on his own and is now relying on your generosity.
Please click here to help Bidur and Seema save their 2-Year old daughter.