Being Citizen of India we saw Nirbhaya, Asifa many more unnoticed incidents where our innocent sisters were being victimized. We were devastated and felt bad about how cruel men being so rude to innocent girls. Some people expressed their pain in social media, some did even better they came out and participated in candle rallies. But we wanted to express our pain by bringing some fundamental change in society. That is by our mission.
Yodha as a movement:
It is oblivious that we can’t stop atrocities on women by simply training them self-defense. To address the problem at fundamental level, change in men’s perspective is needed. That’s when Yodha transformed into a movement.
1. A movement to bring awareness in colleges and schools Using short films, videos, presentations.
2. Forming committees in college level, using websites and social media to pass our message loud and clear.
3. Teaching the importance of yoga and meditation to channelize their energies in proper way.
Who started this?
This is an initiative by Joy of sharing society.
Blog: http://joyofsharing-org.blogspot.in | Contact: 7795744164 /8143417248
Facebook:@Joyofsharingsociety |Twitter: @JoyofsharingNgo| Linkedin:@joyofsharingsociety
What we have done so far for YODHA:
Current Yodha Training is being done for 100 Girls at 3 Orphanages:
Locations: Hayathnagar, Chandranagutta & Secundrabad (Hyderabad)
Please go through the link for Pictures:
Ways to get involved:
● Sponsor a girl for 4 months training @ Rs 2800/-
● Provide an uniform to a kid @Rs 500/-
● Sponsor a practice kit, nutrition, achievement medal to a kid@ Rs 700/-
● By joining as a Volunteer
● Spread the word in the other communities
Other activities of Joy Of sharing Society:
- Surya Kriya for HIV kids
- Chennai floods relief campaign
- Constructed Home for Mentally challenged people
- 1000 Blankets Distribution to Homeless
- Giving life to 203 Thalassemia Kids
- Food donation to 250 Homeless people