Target Area and Need of the Project
Most of the families residing in the makeshift clusters on Yamuna Bank near Balta House which comprises of about 500 juggies have migrated to Delhi in search of work and have settle in these clusters and are living worst living conditions in neglected space which is infested with major hygiene’s conditions with no drainage, sewer or garbage disposal. Most of these families have an average incomes of Rs.6000 to Rs. 7000 a month and cannot afford to live elsewhere and are forced to live in such neglected conditions due to extreme poverty. Above all, they live on the Bank of Yamuna, where there is no house security . When it rains it becomes worst for them, some of them also lose their house. In a Population of 35000 Plus in Balta House there is only one Government School and rest are private school with fees being affordability of Slum Dwellers.
With the initial baseline survey and a continuous intervention with support of volunteered the pre learning assessment reflected that 95% of the children have their learning levels in terms of Basic Foundations in Elementary Education below average. Most of the children we not able to recognize numbers, alphabets or reading in the age group of 4 TO 9. The results of Children from Grade 5 to Grade 8 where quite similar. Their learning levels as per the NCERT Syllabus we not up to the levels of their age group. Children have been struggling specifically with Maths, English and Science. Reasons identified mostly where due to low level of teaching at Government School, overcrowded Classes. Lack of Parental Support, no after class help combined with Poverty and Extreme Living conditions have left children in a vulnerable state.
Our project is envisaged to have both school-based intervention and community-based intervention is to provide a more holistic learning environment to Early First time Learners- mostly Dropouts and Children who have never attended a regular school .
Poor and marginalised children in urban slums are the main target groups. Children eligible to be covered under the project are in the age group of 6-14 years who are ;
1. Deprived of education and out-of-school for some reason.
3. Migrant Children with Documentation Issues.
2. Dropped out of formal education system due to poverty or accessibility
3. Not attending school regularly
4. Attending school, but not able to learn and achieve the desired grade-specific level.
- The Learning Support Class under ‘Project is divided into 2 Sections as per the Age Group.
- Bridge Class – Age 3 To 6
- Remedial Class - Age 6- 14
- Each batch consist min. 20 to 30 children and further divided into four batches of Morning and afternoon as per their age and enrollment
- Provide child friendly environment to support the children at early age for their physical, mental, emotional and social development (ECD).
- Mock classes will be conducted for the children
- Personal assistance to children in documentation during admission process
- •Daily Activities (5 Days per week) to built rapport and impart the necessary skills.
- A Foundation Course Designed with a Quarterly Teaching & Lesson Plan in order to measure the learning Outcome.
- Activities Based Learning which Includes, Games Based Learning , E-Learning with Field Trips .
- To provide financial support in terms of books , school bag, stationery etc.
- To conduct mock test for admission
|Human resource cost|
|s. no||Line items||Monthly||No. of units||Unit cost||Half yearly|
|1.1||Honorarium to instructor - (primary classes 1-5)||6 months||1||12,000||72,000|
|1.2||Honorarium to instructor (upper primary classes 6-8)||6months||1||12,000||72,000|
|2.1||Project officer and mobiliser salary||6 months||1||10,000||60,000|
|2.2||Rent for centre||6 months||7,000||42,000|
|2.3||Stationary required||6 months||2,000||12,000|