The principal goals of Snehadeep are to provide accommodation, education, training and assistance with personal development to both the visually impaired and physically challenged. In recent years, the organization has grown and now extends its activities to shelter not only those with physical disability but also children from economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
Snehadeep’s approach to the empowerment and advancement of challenged individuals has always been holistic. Snehadeep has long acknowledged the importance of Information Technology and its role in enabling challenged individuals to participate in education and work and employment on a more equal basis.
One major goal was to establish a residential computer training centre. This goal was realized in April 2009 when Snehadeep started a free residential computer training course for the visually and physically challenged. A large number of students have benefitted from this. Training is also provided in the areas of motivation, personal development, confidence building and communication skills.
- We provide Free Residential training on Computers and MS office to the differently abled students.
- We are also providing Free Residential training on English language and soft skills to our differently-abled students, Motivational skills, Interpersonal skills to face the interview.
- We conduct sessions and seminars to create awareness about the needs & ability of the differently abled through seminars & setting up of placement & vocational training cells.
- We also take our differently abled students to Corporate tour to have an exposure of Corporate environment.
- We encourage our students for sports & cultural activities and organize events annually.
- We train our students to face competitive exams both in government and private sectors.
- We would like to place on record that all our previous batch trained students have been successfully placed in Good jobs (Government and Private).
We would like to place on record that many of our trained candidate have got good employment both in the private as well as government especially the nationalized banks in India. We are also happy to inform you that we have placed our visually impaired in CISCO, Vmware, Wipro, nationalized banks like SBI, Canara bank to name a few. At present we support 138 visually impaired students in computer training, soft skills and for higher education. All the 138 students stay at Snehadeep and have shown remarkable progress both in education and extracurricular activities and we have supported 60 hearing impaired.
We have also supported 2,800 non residential visually challenged in providing aids and equipment, book, uniform and stationary and another 250 visually impaired have been trained in the use of Android/ iphone ( touch phones)
We want your urgent support our own premises which we have identifies at cox town, which is 5.8 crores which has got facility to support 120 students for education, hostel and computer training. The total built up area is 11,200 sq feet.
Kindly help us in the hour of need and help us to have our own building which has caused lot of miseries for our blind children to shift from one building to another.
Our deepest gratitude and appreciation to you for lending a helping hand in illuminating the lives of those, in whose world only darkness prevails.
Dr . Paul Muddha