My name is Yusuf Khan, a pre-final year student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee. Recently as a result of my summer internship applications, I got selected at the University of Malaya as an Undergraduate Research Intern. The duration for the same is 13th May 2019 to 31st July 2019.
I consider that the summer internship program offered by the University of Malaya as an opportunity for extending my boundaries and widening my horizon by exploiting state-of-the-art research facilities and exposure. I see it as a chance to gain valuable experience in experimentation and research analysis which will further aid me in my research career.
To tell you all a little something about myself. Other than pursuing my degree in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, I have a deep interest in the field of optoelectronic, Nanomaterials, perovskite and Energy Storage Materials.
Some of the achievements that I would like to share:
- 2nd Author in the paper titled “Surface modulation of solution processed organolead halide perovskite quantum dots to large nanocrystals integrated with silica gel G” (Impact factor- 6.29) published in the Royal Society of Chemistry
- 2nd Author in the paper titled “High luminescence colour gradient by physical mixing of two perovskite nanocrystals” (Impact Factor 3.201) published in the Royal Society of Chemistry
I’d highly appreciate any contribution made towards this, however small it is.
Here is an approximate breakdown of the expenditure:
- Travel (Flight + Visa): Rs. 50,000
- Accomodation and Food: Rs 63,000
- Transportaton: Rs. 5000
- Personal Expenses : Rs. 28,000
- Insurance (Health) : Rs. 4000
Total Expenditure : Rs. 1,50,000