There are many unprivileged children who hardly manage to study in the government schools and they depend on the meals provided by the schools. Amidst Coronavirus, schools are shut down, workers have lost jobs and these children are left with nothing but hunger. The idea is to nourish them by providing them with quality education, food, stationery items. Our team is relentlessly working to make these families self-sufficient. And save their children from getting into child labourer.
Please watch this small clip.
- Dwarka Sector-11 (Construction worker's camp)
- Connaught Place Home Shelter
- Shakurbasti Slum
- Gokulpuri, Shahdara
Our team visit these clusters to identify needy children, these are the places where every child is needy. We conduct one to one survey and counseling sessions for children as well as their parents. These sessions make us sad when we see children of even 12-13 years age are not able to write their parents name. They do not know their date of birth in the era when world is switching to 5G technology. At the same time this harsh reality give us courage to take challenges and reshape the destiny of these children.
If we do not reach to them, very soon they will become a child labour when family faces any tough time.
Not only Delhi, we have formed our teams in many other parts of this country to work on a common goal.
- More than 500 volunteers are working with us.
- We have distributed 1500+ grocery kits for migrant workers throughout the country
- We are running a helpline number for daily wage earners
- We have team of volunteers for background verification and database management
- We have also helped many families in medical emergency.
- We are regularly conducting webinars and awareness sessions on various social issues like domestic violence, marital rape, depression and anxiety, self-motivation, legal awareness etc.
- He was raised up from a very disadvantaged background, now trying to pave an easier path for others.
- He himself was a child-labour who has worked in many factories in his early age.
- His struggle for survival, education & laying the foundation of YEF is a live example of turning adversity into opportunity.
- He has devoted his entire life in making a support system for youth in today’s competitive world.
Thank you for visiting our campaign. Your contribution is highly appreciated.