1) There is lack of infrastructure and poor network connectivity to support online classes. Zoom based classes were not possible there until now.
2) Even there Zilla Parishad teachers could not conduct Zoom classes.
3) Families in the community barely make ends meet and cannot afford smartphones or laptops for educational purposes.
3) The NGO Anandsadhana Bahuuddeshiy Sanshta based out of Vivekanand Nagar, Buldhana Maharashtra and known commonly as Team Tarunaai because of volunteer teams. tries to provide these children education. They sometimes use volunteers' devices but even this has been difficult.
4) There are no transportation facilities available to/from the schools.
5) An average of 8 kms distance between every school and village homes.
6) Students used to stay in subsidized government hostels. With hostels closed during the pandemic, village children far from home have no place to stay.
7) In mid-July 2020, the Tribal Development Department of Maharashtra started the “Unlock Learning Scheme”, under which it said students would be given textbooks at home and teachers would visit the village to solve their problems. However, ground reality was starkly different. Neither the textbooks nor the teachers reached their village. Students ask "how will we study at home when we don’t have any books or study material to study at home? We do not even have enough money to buy new books." Without guidance from teachers, younger children find it difficult to read.
8) Many of the children and youth have now been forced to resort to daily wage labour to support their families.
1) We invite volunteers from various colleges to teach our tribal students.
2) We provide accommodation and food travel facilities to our volunteers so they can give their time and expertise to the children.
3) We collect old or repairable devices which can we use during teaching.
4) We coordinate with local villagers to sensitize them towards there children education.
But we are short of funds now. Our campaign hopes to buy laptops, Internet connection, hired teachers, study materials and more to restart the education of the children of these villages. Please contribute generously.