Big companies ruthlessly harm the environment and we are the ones to suffer for it. We don’t have the time to look into every brand we buy and tell if it is environment friendly or not, which is why I created GAEA.
- It is a browser extension based solution which will certify brands on their sustainability. With this browser extension installed, it will place our logo (as an indication) next to all the sustainable brands. This allows GAEA to promote green brands on any shopping site online and allow you to make better and more educated environment-friendly shopping choices.
- I started GAEA to create sustainability awareness to the extent where consumers are buying green-certified products and promote this as a culture.
- I have implemented a rudimentary machine learning software that predicts whether a product is sustainable or not given certain data(large datasets are required for machine learning with different parameters like revenue, water use, etc. in this case).
- This software requires data to certify the product with 100% accuracy on sustainability and procuring the data is quite expensive.
FUNDINGTo make GAEA a reality, it requires funding, mainly in two areas:
- I will require 1200 USD i.e. approximately 92,000 INR to get access to the data required.
- I will also require approximately 1,10,000 INR for its development.