1. Monthly Support for Trans persons living with HIV : Trans* individuals living with HIV AIDS are immuno- compromised and the most vulnerable to corona. Going out for even basic needs is dangerous to them. All this is making it impossible for them to find jobs or sustain themselves. We have supported 32 individuals for the first two phases of lockdown and they need support for the next three months. We are going to provide each individual a monthly subsistence allowance over the next three months for medical and personal expenses.
2. Provision Kits for 100 Trans women & men : To offset the lack of income we are aiming to provide basic provision kits to 100 Trans* individuals, including Trans* individuals living with HIV. The kits will contain Rice (15 kg). Cooking Oil (2 ltr), Dal (500 gms), Turmeric Powder (200 gms), Jeera, Sugar, Tea Powder, Sambar Powder (500 gms), Salt (1 kg) & Soap.
3. Community Kitchen: Born2Win has set up a community kitchen for displaced, homeless and senior trans* individuals. These are folx who have no means to cook for themselves. Hence we provide three meals a day which is cooked at the Born2Win office kitchen. We aim to keep the kitchen running for the next three months.
We are in urgent need of your generosity to support the Trans* community through this period of uncertainty. Please feel free to contact us for further information and details.
80g exemption applicable on donations made to Born2Win.
Some of our other work
1. Vocational Training for Trans* Community - We run a Tailoring Training center for the Trans* community. We also organize Cosmetology & fashion design courses for Trans* individuals.
2. Entrepreneurship Cell for Trans* Community - We enable Trans* individuals to start their own businesses. We have enabled the setting up of a DTP centre, multiple food businesses and itinerant clothing business all run by members of the Trans* community.
3. COVID Intervention Program - We are partnering with the Chennai Corporation to spread COVID Prevention Awareness through street plays, songs and other creative initiatives in slums across Chennai City and supporting COVID Control Programs is specific areas of Chennai.
4. Educational Scholarships for Trans persons